QuickBooks : Business Accounting Software
QuickBooks is a well-known accounting software. It is used largely in small and medium size industries. Just like any other software, one has to understand it fully and then only one can use it for accounting purposes in a more organized and correct manner.
QuickBooks is widely accepted in the industry and used for many purposes like payroll, finance, administration related work, normal accounting tasks and other projects of the corporate world in an automated way. It is vast and is integrated with excellent features that are very helpful. It was developed by Intuit and has been formulated keeping in mind the industry requirements.
It appears that the QuickBooks software on computer OWNER-PC is set up to allow shared access to the company file, but the QuickBooks Software on your computer is unable to communicate with it.
The communication problems could be due to a firewall issue. If a firewall is installed on your network, you may need to reconfigure the firewall software. For more information about firewalls, click the Help button.
Please check the firewall settings. We recommend you download the QuickBooks connection Diagnostic tool, which can assess and possibly correct the problem.
Various products of QuickBooks have been released. Therefore, with time, it has been improved from all dimensions. It has become a huge name and a popular software. However, any software might occasionally give some errors and customers using them might need help in understanding it from time to time. Having a good working knowledge about the software will help you to use it in a better way.
Nevertheless, if any problem crops up due to any reason and you need to fix it, then QuickBooks experts will help you to get quick results and the outcome will be that not only your software will be free of the error, you can also get rid of the doubts and concerns that you might have.
Possible Causes Behind this error
- The contact of a server gets lost and is set up as correctly.
- QuickBooks database server manager stops working on any server.
- A firewall updated version is not installed in any network.
- Wrong DNS setting.
QuickBooks Firewall Error and Solutions
One of the common firewall error is when your firewall ends up blocking the internet access. Internet is needed for many particular QuickBooks files and programs. The best solution for this will be to update your firewall to the latest version. If you run the QuickBooks File Doctor, it will automatically open the firewall ports. The other way can be to manually configure the firewall software. This will generally solve the issue.
Detailed Method to Manually Configure the Firewall- Windows 10, 8, 7, Server 2008 and Server 2012
- Go to Start and type- firewall.
- Windows Firewall has to be selected.
- Advanced Settings has to be selected on the right side.
- Inbound Rules has to be right-clicked. Choose New Rule.
- Check Port and click on Next.
- Check if TCP is selected and then type in particular ports required for your QuickBooks year version: (if there are many years of QuickBooks Desktop installed or using, then you will need to add the ports of each year in this format- (8019, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX).
QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Now click on Next and check if ‘Allow the Connection’ is already selected, then click on Next again.
- Again click on Next and give it a name like QBPorts.
- Choose Finish once done.
- The steps have to be repeated for Outbound rules (inbound rules in case of step 4, select Outbound Rules).
- Now try starting QuickBooks Desktop again in multi-user mode or using the network. You will get to know if the issue is resolved.
If the problems and errors persist, try choosing exceptions to programs QuickBooks uses in Windows Firewall. Try the following method:
- Go to Start and type – firewall
- Choose Windows Firewall.
- Advanced Settings has to be selected on the right side.
- Inbound Rules has to be right-clicked and choose New Rule.
- Select Program. Click on Next
- QuickBooks Firewall Error
- Choose This Program Path , then choose Browse.
- Direct towards one of the paths one by one provided in the graph below. All paths have to be done separately. Click Next.
- Check if Allow the Connection is selected. Click Next again.
- It might prompt you to check if all profiles have a tick or selected. Then click Next after checking that.
- Render the rule a name. Click on Finish.
- Repeat the steps above for the Outbound Rules (inbound rules in case of step 4, select Outbound Rules).
- Again open QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode or over the network. Check if the problem was resolved.
In case of QuickBooks File doctor, it will help you to resolve particular types of data and file corruption. Also, Windows and network setup issues can be solved due to adding of ports and other exceptions to Windows firewall.
However, if the problem still does not get resolved, contacting QuickBooks Expert.US will end all your problems and doubts.
QuickBooks – Call contact
Businessaccountings.com provides assistance 24*7. They are highly trained in any kind of technical support. In fact, they will guide you step by step through the whole software so that not only the error is resolved but you work more confidently on it due to an improved understanding. From QuickBooks Pro to any other QuickBooks Firewall Error version, the skilled and knowledgeable team will help you to effectively get solutions to any issue. For reliable and satisfactory results, call us on the QuickBooks customer number contact . It is toll-free.
Get our help for
quickbooks support USA quickbooks USA quickbooks online USA intuit USA quickbooks online USA login quickbooks online login USA qbo USA intuit USA login quickbooks login USA intuit tax USA intuit USA contact Quickbooks pro tech support number USA intuit turbotax USA qb online USA QuickBooks POS support quickbooks USA login quickbooks USA support quick books USA intuit quickbooks USA quickbooks USA online quickbooks payroll supportUSA quickbooks enterprise support USA intuit USA support TurboTax 800 Phone number 1 800 number for TurboTax Turbotax help line Turbotax support USA Turbotax USA phone number