As per the current reports, QuickBooks users have mostly encountered error 12152. This type of error is usually faced when there is any kind of problem with the user’s internet settings. Either due to incorrect or poor settings, the software might find it difficult to connect with the servers.
QuickBooks might not be able to connect with the server when the internet connection settings get misconfigured. In this post, we will be discussing the quick fixes to the issue QuickBooks error 12152. Thus, if you have faltered upon any such error, then you can just stick to the post. This is the most common error occurring due to an unstable network server.
When the user faces issues in connecting with the software due to Internet connectivity and its settings, they can encounter QuickBooks Error Code 12152 and its specific error message. This is because the user is unable to get in contact with the web server offering the latest updates. One of the most prominent causes of the QuickBooks Error 12152 is the inaccessibility of the software to run operating and required applications as per the structure. In order to resolve the issue, follow the guidance of the QuickBooks experts team, and also gain more knowledge by going through the details provided below.
Read Also: QuickBooks Update Error 12007 Chat Now
- What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 12152?
- What are the Signs of QuickBooks Error 12152?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12152?
- Method #1: Verify the Setting of Date and Time in PC
- Method #2: Go through Microsoft Windows Framework along with Time Displayed
- Method #3: Verify your Internet Settings
- Method #4: Login as Admin
- Method #5: Restore your Computer
- Method #6: Change Backup File Extension
- Method #7: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
- Method #8- Use Registry Editor
- Infographic to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 12152
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 12152?
There are multiple reasons behind QB Error 12152, we have mentioned some of the causes below:
- QuickBooks is unable to read/write the license data.
- Windows API keys are not functioning properly.
- QuickBooks Error 12152 happens if you are managing an older version of QuickBooks.
- Inaccurate installation of QuickBooks also leads to “Error 12152”.
- Any malware or virus invasion can also make this error.
What are the Signs of QuickBooks Error 12152?
- Your computer crashes down while running an active program window.
- Your computer hangs usually and reacts sluggishly to mouse or keyboard inputs.
- QuickBooks Error 12152 is displayed on your computer screen.
- Your system freezes periodically.
How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12152?
After discovering the cause and signs of QuickBooks error 12152. It becomes very easy to resolve this issue. Alike to you many of us suffer problems during QuickBooks update. So let’s see below step by step solution.
- To update their software with the latest version.
- To ensure the network connection is stable.
- Verify the problem is solved after trying every method.
- To ensure some verified sites can be connected with.
Now to resolve the issue follow the methods below:
Method #1: Verify the Setting of Date and Time in PC
- The prime thing is that you have to verify the date and time settings.
- If your settings are not correct then a visit to settings and change it
- By clicking on the Adjust Date/Time option
- Then, restart your pc and test if QuickBooks error 12152 is fixed.
If you still facing a QuickBooks error then you will need to follow the below steps
Method #2: Go through Microsoft Windows Framework along with Time Displayed
- Verify that the framework of the system is authentic and the time displayed is correct.
- For this repeat the steps and also verify the framework through the settings option.
- Restart the QuickBooks software and access it again.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error Code 12002 Chat Now
Method #3: Verify your Internet Settings
- Firstly, check your Internet connection settings.
- Now, you need to open Run.
- After that click on Internet Options Settings.
- The next move is to tick on the Advanced option.
- Finally, click on the Advance reset option.
Method #4: Login as Admin
- Reboot the system and access it through the Admin account with admin login credentials.
- Go to the Start icon, click on it and then select the All Programs option followed by Accessories and System Tools
- Now click on the restore your system option.
- Under this new screen select the latest point to restore the computer system to and then click on the next tab.
- From the list displayed click on the required point of restore. Prefer the latest point of restore displayed on the screen. Now click on the Next button.
- Now select and press the Next tab.
- Reboot the system again to save the changes made. Access the software to verify the issue resolved.
Method #5: Restore your Computer
- Firstly, you need to login into your pc as an administrator
- Now, click on the start menu.
- After, that hit All Programs and choose accessories
- Now you have to choose System Tools and hit on System Restore.
- The new Window open selects the “ Restore my computer to an earlier time” alternative.
- Hit on next
- Choose a method to restore part and then tab next
- After, that opens a configuration window
- Click on next
- While the process is finished then restart your pc
- And, see QuickBooks error 12152 is fixed or not.
If repeatedly QuickBooks error 12152 arises then move to the next method.
Method #6: Change Backup File Extension
- Click on the start option from the taskbar
- After that type cmd in the search field
- Then press entering by holding ctrl + shift
- Then you require to click on Yes when the confirmation dialog box is promoted.
- Now you will view a black area with a blinking cursor
- Then you have to type “Regedit” and hit enter
- Picked error 12152 allied key in the registry editor
- Click on the Dossier menu from the index bar and select Export
- Select the Dossier from the store in the menu to keep the IE backup key
- Enter a name in the field to save the backup
- The select branch from the export range box
- Now, click on save
- Lastly, hit on the Save key and click on the file with reg extension
Method #7: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
When you improperly download or install QuickBooks Software then QuickBooks Error 12152 can arise. So you need to reinstall QuickBooks Software properly.
- The primary move is to uninstall and download QuickBooks afresh.
- Once the software is established on your computer, open it.
- Find the Scan option and run it.
- You will see a list of issues or errors.
- Click on Repair All option to eliminate them.
Method #8- Use Registry Editor
- In your Windows Desktop, go to the Start menu button and click on it
- Then in the search field type Command
- Then press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys
- You now able to see the message box of User Account on your screen
- You have to click on the Yes button
- The Command Prompt window opens up on your screen
- In the Command Prompt, type Regedit then press the Enter button
- Now do take the backup and for that, you have to choose the key related to QuickBooks error 12152
- Then click on the File menu option
- Further, select the Export option
- Store the Internet Explorer or Google Chrome backup key into the folder
- Mention the name of the folder and make sure that the correct branch is selected
- Click on the Save button to save it
- Also, verify the file that is saved with .reg extension into your system.
Infographic to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 12152
We hope that the information and the techniques stated in this blog post might help the users to deal with the QuickBooks error code 12152. Following any of the techniques listed above will surely resolve the error.
Can I fix QuickBooks error code 12152 by restoring the backup?
Yes, you can restore the recent backup and then go for the things you were doing before. To restore, open the QuickBooks then in the File menu, click on the open or restore company file. Then select the backup file and then restore it.
Does QuickBooks Tool Hub help in fixing QuickBooks error code 12152?
You can run the tool and try to fix the error code. For this, you have to download, install and then run the tool. After that, choose the option according to the problem you are facing. Then fix the issue using the tool.
If I restart the system then QuickBooks error 12152 got fixed?
Sometimes, there is the issue that the system is not refreshed so you can restart your system. Then check if the error happens again or not. If not then it is great you can continue your work. If an error happens again then try another solution or connect with the QuickBooks helpdesk team.