What does mean “QuickBooks Error 6073, 99001”
Error 99001 in your Quickbooks may appear anytime, starting from the launch of your Quickbooks Desktop to the installation of the Windows update. This error could be frustrating if we did not know when it occurred. The timing is the key factor. Knowing the trigger point of the error helps us resolve the issue quickly and without throwing us off to explore other methods in anticipation.
Exact Error Shown While Using QB:
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user. You should ask that user to switch to multi-user mode so you can both use the company file at the same time. The file could also be located in a read-only network folder. If it is, ask your system administrator to make the file accessible.
Some symptoms of Error -6073, -99001
- While you are running the program, Error -99001 will appear on the screen and crash it.
- The error is displayed on the screen- ‘Error -99001’
- The next thing we know is that the WIndows are slowing down. Mouse and keyboard inputs are responded very slowly too.
- The computer will keep freezing every now and then for a few moments.
This error might pop-up anytime during a program installation, during which an Intuit Inc. based software program (i.e. Quickbooks) is active, anytime while shutting down or powering up the Windows, or in some cases, during Windows Operating Software installation. As we discussed earlier, it is important to know when and where this error occurs for an easy troubleshoot method.
What causes Quickbooks Error -99001 to occur?
- The corrupt installation file of Quickbooks or interrupted installation.
- Because of the installation or uninstallation of Quickbooks, the registry in Windows gets corrupt.
- Virus or malware attack on the Windows system or Quickbooks Desktop related files, due to which they get corrupted.
- Deletion of Quickbooks files by other software conflicts.
How to fix Quickbooks Error -6073, -99001
Follow the steps provided below to solve your Quickbooks Error -6073, -99001. Please note that the steps provided below get a little bit tougher as you go through them. It is advised that you follow them in ascending order, or contact a Quickbooks expert at contact to help you resolve the issue should you get stuck somewhere.
Let’s get started:
- We will repair the Registry Entries Associated with Error 99001.
- Put your PC on a full malware scan.
- Now, we will clean the system junk by using the Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- In the next step, we will update all the PC Drivers
- Initiate the Windows system restore to reverse any changes made earlier to the applications.
- Now, we will uninstall and reinstall the Quickbooks program associated with error 99001
- Now, we will initiate the Windows System File Checker.
- In this step, we will install all available Windows updates.
- In the final step, we will finally install all the Clean Windows.
There are several steps that cannot be conducted if you are not an advanced PC user. Please note that you must contact a Quickbooks Team if you are not an advanced PC user, for many people brick their computer systems by committing a minute mistake. However, if you are an advanced PC user, the process is simple to follow and it should fix the Error 6073, 99001.
Need Experts Help?
It is easy to solve the error 6073, 99001 on your Quickbooks. The method is simple and straight. In case, you face any difficulties with the solution, you can always get in touch with the Quickbooks Team. They are a third-party Quickbooks technical support agency who have a great experience in handling the Quickbooks related problems.
You can call them at their toll-free support number contact to get the desired help. They provide their services across the globe and are available 24*7 to help you with the Quickbooks related problems.