What does QuickBooks Error Code 6144, 304 Mean?
At times while working on the QuickBooks accounting software, user might encounter certain error that could cause corruption of the company file. One such error faced is QuickBooks Error Code 6144, 304. This error is dangerous for the business as it directly affects the company file which basically consists of confidential financial information of the company. When the company file gets damaged and user experiences any of the following scenarios, it is the indication of QuickBooks 6144, 304:
- When the data is being transferred or stored and system shuts down automatically.
- When the system crashes due to malware or virus attack.
- Security software settings restricts certain features to work properly.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6144, 304 are listed below:
This error could occur due to multiple reasons. However, most common reasons of this error is listed below:
- Corruption of Company File:
- Improper shut down of the software or system while the data is being processed and saved on the file.
- Malware and Virus attack targeting financial files and documents stored on the system.
- Restrictive settings of Security Software. Some of the software are set to block certain ports and network server activities which end up interfering with the tasks to be processed through the system. This is one reason, only branded and trusted security software should be installed on system as they might cause more harm than protecting the system. Safe and secure security software will also help in avoiding accidental deletion of required files.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 304?
In order to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6144, 304, user is advised to take support of the proficient QuickBooks customer support team as they are experienced enough to resolve the issue without causing more harm and also in stipulated time period. If the user wishes to resolve the issue on their own then the best option is to locate and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool incepted by Intuit to run, scan and resolve some of the common errors related to company file. The user should perform this function under the guidance of an experienced QuickBooks technicians in order to avoid any more hassle. Follow the steps below to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 304 through QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
- Login to the software using admin login credentials.
- With admin benefits, user can access QuickBooks File Doctor tool and then access the QuickBooks software again.
- Select the browser option and then click on the appropriate corrupted company file.
- When prompted with question – “Are you on Server or Workstation” click on the correct option of workstation if the software is hosted on the same system or server if accessing software from different system.
- Now the tool will scan the server or workstation, as appropriate, for any error associated with the company file and fix them f required.
- Now close the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and access the software again.
The above illustrated steps should resolve the problem easily. But if the issue still persists then you should connect with the technical expert team of QuickBooks to figure out the reason and solution for QuickBooks Error 6144, 304. In case the support team takes long time to connect due to long queue you can also contact us on our toll free number +1-800-993-4190 for error resolution and consultation.