Want to install QuickBooks without a CD drive? No problem! This article is here to inform you about all the possible ways to install QuickBooks without a CD drive. Let us get started!
3 Ways to install QuickBooks without a CD drive:
There are many ways to install QuickBooks on your PC without accessing a CD Drive. Please find them below:
- The first way is to directly download the QuickBooks from an internet connection.
- Another workaround can be to use the CD Drive of another networked computer and use the installation setup from that computer.
- The third solution to this situation can be to use a USB drive. You can copy and paste the installation files on a USB drive and install QuickBooks on your desired computer.
Instructions on how to install QuickBooks without a CD drive:
Below you will find a detailed step by step explanation of the above three methods. Please follow the instructions carefully and in the right order:
If you choose to download the QuickBooks from the internet:
Prerequisite: A stable internet connection.
- Firstly from the internet download the desired version of QuickBooks.
- Open the downloaded file, and run it as an Admin on your PC.
- Follow the step-by-step on-screen instructions to successfully finish the installation.
If you choose to share the CD drive of another PC via a common network:
- Share the CD drive on a networked computer.
- Click on ‘My Computer.’
- Right-click on CD drive and choose ‘Sharing and Security.’
- Click on ‘Share this folder.’
- Select ‘Apply’ to confirm the changes.
- Then click on ‘OK.’
- Right-click on ‘My Computer.’
- Click on the ‘Computer Name’ tab.
- Write the name of the PC which has a CD drive.
Now on the PC that doesn’t have a CD drive:
- Click on ‘Start.’
- Then click on ‘Run.’
- Enter the name of the PC that has a CD drive.
- Select ‘OK.’
- Right-click on CD drive.
- Double click on ‘Setup.exe’
You will find that the installation will start and will be installed locally.
If you choose to the USB drive to install QuickBooks:
- On a PC with a CD drive, run the QuickBooks installation CD.
Note: Don’t run the auto installation wizard of the QuickBooks.
- Right-click on the CD Drive and choose ‘Explore.’
- Select and copy QuickBooks and third party folders together and paste them into a new folder.
- Insert a USB drive into your computer and copy that folder in it.
- Treat this USB drive as your installation wizard for your desired computer where you wish to install the QuickBooks.
- Open the QuickBooks folder on your desired computer and run the installation process as directed to you by on-screen step by step method.
Scope of Service:
We hope this article gave you a clear idea of how to install QuickBooks without a CD drive.
- For any issues, call QuickBooks Toll-free number