Want to install QuickBooks without CD drive? No problem! This article is here to inform you about all the possible ways to install QuickBooks without CD drive. Let us get started!
Ways to install QuickBooks without a CD drive:
There are many ways to install QuickBooks on your PC without accessing to a CD Drive. Please find them below:
- The first way is to directly download the QuickBooks from an internet connection.
- Another work around can be to use CD Drive of another networked computer and use the installation setup from that computer.
- A third solution to this situation can be to use a USB drive. You can copy and paste the installation files on a USB drive and install QuickBooks on your desired computer.
Instructions on how to install QuickBooks without a CD drive:
Below you will find detailed step by step explanation on the above three methods. Please follow the instructions carefully and in the right order:
If you choose to download the QuickBooks from the internet:
Prerequisite: A stable internet connection.
- Firstly from the internet download the desired version of QuickBooks.
- Open the downloaded file, and run it as an Admin on your PC.
- Follow the step by step onscreen instructions to successfully finish the installation.
If you choose to share the CD drive of another PC via common network:
- Share the CD drive on a networked computer.
- Click on ‘My Computer.’
- Right click on CD drive and choose ‘Sharing and Security.’
- Click on ‘Share this folder.’
- Select ‘Apply’ to confirm the changes.
- Then click on ‘OK.’
- Right click on ‘My Computer.’
- Click on the ‘Computer Name’ tab.
- Write the name of the PC which has CD drive.
Now on the PC that doesn’t have CD drive:
- Click on ‘Start.’
- Then click on ‘Run.’
- Enter the name of the PC that has CD drive.
- Select ‘OK.’
- Right click on CD drive.
- Double click on ‘Setup.exe’
You will find that the installation will start and will be installed locally.
If you choose to USB drive to install QuickBooks:
- On a PC with CD drive, run the QuickBooks installation CD.
Note: Don’t run the auto installation wizard of the QuickBooks.
- Right click on the CD Drive and choose ‘Explore.’
- Select and copy QuickBooks and third party folders together and paste them in a new folder.
- Insert USB drive into your computer and copy that folder in it.
- Treat this USB drive as your installation wizard for your desired computer where you wish to install the QuickBooks.
- Open the QuickBooks folder on your desired computer and run the installation process as directed to you by on screen step by step method.
Scope of Service:
We hope this article gave you a clear idea on how to install QuickBooks without a CD drive.
- For any issues, call QuickBooks Toll-free number +1-800-993-4190.