QuickBooks is a software application that runs on most of the main operating systems, including macOS, Linux, Windows, etc. from time to time, both QuickBooks and these OS receive updates over the web by the parent company to incorporate significant changes and advancements to the merchandise. However, most of the users tend to ignore these updates, hence, leading to discrepancies within the compatibility between QuickBooks and therefore the said OS.
QuickBooks often comes up with some compatibility issues when there is a clash of versions with your operating system. You know how important the software is for keeping accounts of financial aspects in a business. If you are running a small or medium business and have to tackle all the accounting invoicing and budgeting on your own, or with a small team, then you would already be in love with the smart software. QuickBooks is not just complete finance and accounting, documentation, report generation, printing, and online working solution, but much more than that.
Due to the highly efficient design, the easy-to-understand user interface, and the great command input format, the software is a brilliant invention. A beginner-level computer user would also be able to adapt to QuickBooks in no time. And it is the specialty of the software that it’s as easy as it is efficient.
- The QuickBooks compatibility issue with windows 10
- Versions of QuickBooks
- Versions of QuickBooks supported with Windows 10
- Versions of Windows 10 which are supported with QuickBooks Desktop
- What to do if you have an old version of QuickBooks?
- What are the steps if I have to check the firewall to fix QuickBooks 2014 compatibility issues with windows 10?
- When I get the error that the QuickBooks 2014 compatibility issues with Windows 10 then how can I check my Windows 10 version that I am using?
- Why does the error message “QuickBooks 2014 compatibility issues with Windows 10” appear on the screen?
The QuickBooks compatibility issue with windows 10
Although there is no rule about it, with the proven trend it can be concluded that version 2014 of QuickBooks is compatible with all versions of Windows Windows 10. But if your computer has Windows 10, and you are trying to install QuickBooks 2014 in it, then you will face a QuickBooks Compatibility Issue with Windows 10. These two versions are not compatible, and the installation will have a problem. You will not be able to use QuickBooks 2014 in Windows 10. But if you use any version of QuickBooks after 2014, then there will be no issues in Windows 10, and you will be able to install it and work smoothly.
The most compatible and stable of all versions of QuickBooks is now the 2017 version. It is very smooth with Mac and Windows OS all the latest versions.
Related Post: Error while Installing QuickBooks in Windows 10 Chat Now
Versions of QuickBooks
For betterment, and for providing its uses with new systems, upgraded algorithms, and better interface, techniques, and improved module integration, the QuickBooks has always been through an up-gradation process. 2014 was a stable version of QuickBooks. But after 2014 many other versions came, as the software got improved with every new version. The new version of QuickBooks is 2017, and many users use this too. But the question is that with a version of Windows OS you are using it.
Versions of QuickBooks supported with Windows 10
QuickBooks 2016 R7 & later
It’s news of joy that the whole QB users of QuickBooks 2016 R7 are authorized to figure with the Windows 10. If the user is employing a QuickBooks version before R7, then therein case the user must update the QuickBooks to the newest released version, so as to figure inefficient manner. However, for QuickBooks 2016 R7 or later users, updating isn’t mandatory and may swiftly work on Windows 10.
QuickBooks 2014 and earlier
It should be noted that QuickBooks 2014 isn’t supported in Windows 10 and using this version might create compatibility issues or can find yourself in a complete mess. Thus, to further use QuickBooks, we request the user to upgrade the version of QuickBooks to 2014 or 2015.
QuickBooks 2015 & QuickBooks 2016 (R1 – R6)
It is possible that being a QuickBooks user, you’ll attempt to open QuickBooks 2015 on Windows 10. But to truly do this successfully, you would like to make sure that you simply enabled the .NET Framework 3.5 which mostly comes as disabled by default from Microsoft in order that the OS user experiences the simplest while using the OS that doesn’t support the QuickBooks.
Versions of Windows 10 which are supported with QuickBooks Desktop
After obtaining the version number, the user must search for the version that’s certified to work with QuickBooks. Below we’ve mentioned the versions supported by QuickBooks Desktop.
- Windows 10 version 1809: QuickBooks Desktop 2020 is certified to work in a proper manner on version 1803 of Windows 10. However, QuickBooks desktop 2017-2019 ate not completely certified.
- Windows 10 version 1803: Coming to the present version of Windows, QuickBooks desktop 2017-2020 are entirely certified to work within the very best way on this version of the Windows OS.
- The Windows 10 version 1709: just like the earlier one, on this version of Windows also QuickBooks desktop 2017-2020 are certified to work with none hassle.
- Windows 10 version 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703: For those who are using the house or Pro versions of the mentioned Windows editions, then it’s recommended to update them to the newest release of Windows 10. the explanation is that Microsoft has already discontinued support for the mentioned versions.
Related Post: QuickBooks error after windows installation Chat Now
What to do if you have an old version of QuickBooks?
If you have an old version like QuickBooks 2014, and you are unable to install it in the latest version of Mac or Windows OS, then the best solution is to upgrade the software. You can upgrade QuickBooks online or by calling the helpline of the QuickBooks technical support team. And once you have upgraded to any of the latest versions like 2015 or later, you have sorted. You may now install the same QuickBooks with an upgraded version path to your latest operating system version.
QuickBooks 2014 or earlier
For all the QuickBooks versions before QuickBooks 2014, the QuickBooks suppose to update the software to the newest released version. As all the QB versions before QuickBooks 2014 requires an update because it doesn’t support the Windows 10.
If you are not yet ready to upgrade QuickBooks, the other way is to use the services through Cloud. The QuickBooks Cloud service relieves you from the installation on the machine, and you may use the software online. This is hence another solution that you may enjoy with the latest versions of Windows OS.
What are the steps if I have to check the firewall to fix QuickBooks 2014 compatibility issues with windows 10?
If you think that your firewall is causing the issues then follow the below steps to fix the QuickBooks 2014 compatibility issues with Windows 10. The steps are:-
1. For this, Open the Windows 10 Firewall application
2. On the left side, click on the Advanced Settings
3. Again on the left side, select the Outbound Rules
4. Select the New Rule option that is on the Right-side
5. In the Program, click on the Next button
6. Go to the program Path that is C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks xxxx\QBW32.exe
7. After that, click on the Enter button
8. Select Block the Connection
9. You have to check all the boxes and click the Next button
10. Mention the name according to you
11. Then press the Finish button and you are done
12. Check for the error now.
When I get the error that the QuickBooks 2014 compatibility issues with Windows 10 then how can I check my Windows 10 version that I am using?
To check the Windows 10 version follow these steps:-
1. Click on the Start menu button
2. Then click on the About your PC (that is computer)
3. In the About your PC
4. Check the Version of Windows 10 you have
5. Then check the versions with which QuickBooks 2014 compatible with Windows 10
6. Do update your Windows 10 for the latest version.
Why does the error message “QuickBooks 2014 compatibility issues with Windows 10” appear on the screen?
The QuickBooks 2014 compatibility issues with Windows 10 encounter when:-
1. When the key of Windows Registry is incorrect
2. The Internet Explorer is turned off into your computer
3. Version your are using into your computer is the lower version update it
4. The Windows version is not up to date and there are more reasons.