Why does your computer show that the Internet security levels are too high?
Sometimes the security settings of the Internet Explorer don’t match the security levels of the QuickBooks accounting software. This clash often results in the prompt by your computer to:
- The first way is to cancel out any changes and anyway continue with the current settings of security on both the Internet Explorer and the QuickBooks. This way although can make a few of the QuickBooks features not function optimally.
- Another way is to alter the security settings of the Internet explorer to match with the security settings of the QuickBooks accounting software.
What to do when your computer show that the Internet security levels are too high?
Following are a few steps that will help you resolve the matter. Please make sure that you follow the steps in the right order as mentioned below:
- First of all please switch to the Desktop mode.
- Now launch into the ‘Windows Server Manager.’
- Alternatively you can:
- Click on ‘Start’ or the ‘Windows’ icon on your computer.
- In the search text bar please type ‘Control Panel. Alternatively you can also search for the ‘Control Panel’ in the drop down list.
- In the Control panel folder please search for the option that says- ‘Turn Windows features on or off.’
- Once the link to ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ appears on your screen please click on it to launch the ‘Server Manager.’
- On the left hand side you will find an option that says- ‘Local Server.’ Please click on it.
- On the right hand side look for the option that says- ‘IE Enhanced Security Configuration.’
- Then turn the button from ‘Off’ to ‘On.’
- A new window will open on your computer screen.
- Here you should turn both the options ‘Off.’
- After making the required changes, please click on ‘OK’ to confirm the changes made.
- Close the ‘Server Manager window.
Once you have made the above changes:
- It is advisable to close all the applications on your computer.
- Now you should shut down your computer.
- Wait for a while before you turn on your computer. This steps will allow your computer to adjust with any new changes that you have just made.
- After the wait please switch the computer on.
- Open QuickBooks and launch Internet explorer as you would like to.
- You will not get the error again.
Scope of Service:
We hope this article proved to be a comprehensive guide in resolving the matter when ‘QuickBooks internet security levels are set too high.’ In case you feel the need to discuss any aspect in detail with one of our experts, you absolutely can and that too at your choice of comfortable time and day. Our team of experts is available in your service 24/7.
- For any issues, call QuickBooks Customer Support Toll-free number +1-800-993-4190.