Why to add an accountant access to your QuickBooks Desktop?
It is a very interesting and a smart feature to add accountant access to your QuickBooks Desktop. It is a feature that allows the accountants and the clients to work on the company files at the same time which ultimately improves productivity and saves a lot of time.
Below are some benefits of doing so:
- You can add an item/s to the Class list, Sales Tax code list, Employee list and so on.
- You can also edit the vendor list and item list.
- You can edit transactions.
- You can create new reports, create, adjust, and print forms etc.
- You can add new vendors and customers.
- You can edit Tax information for the existing items.
- You can make adjusting entries.
With great power comes great responsibility. Therefore, although this feature provides great access to synch the working productivity of accountants and clients, but it definitely protects the sensitive information of the customer. This feature protects your sensitive data by prohibiting some actions such as:
- You can’t edit or delete build assemblies.
- You can’t edit or delete payroll items.
- You can’t edit or delete transactions.
- You can’t import data from Excel, Web Connect and QuickBooks timer files.
- You can’t use the planning and the budget tools.
How to add an accountant access to your QuickBooks Desktop:
In this section you will learn about the steps that you should take to add an accountant access to your QuickBooks Desktop. Please make sure you follow the instructions in the right order to add the accountant access. Here are the steps:
- At the top look for the option that says ‘Company.’ Please click on it.
- You need to go to the ‘Set Up Users and Passwords’ option. Click on it.
- In this option you need to set up the users.
- Look for the ‘Add User’ option and then double click on it.
- Enter the new user’s details such as ‘Name’ and the ‘Password.’
Tip: Choose a password which is a combination of numbers, alphabets and special characters to ensure the password’s strength.
- Click on ‘Next.’
- An ‘Access Screen’ will now appear on your PC.
- In this screen, please click on ‘External Accountant.’
- You need to click on ‘Next.’
- A confirmation box will appear which ask you to ensure the addition of the ‘External Accountant.’ Click on ‘Yes’ to continue.
- Once the ‘External Accountant’ has been added to the QuickBooks Desktop, you then need to click on ‘Finish’ to complete the process.
Scope of Service:
By following the above instructions in this article you will be able to successfully add an accountant access to your QuickBooks Desktop. In case you face any other issue or are in doubt that need further discussion, please feel free to reach out to us:
- For any issues, call QuickBooks Toll-free number +1-800-993-4190.