QuickBooks Error Code 6000, -305
Are you facing QuickBooks Error Code 6000, -305 every time you are trying to open your company file? If so, then you are not alone as this technical glitch has impacted the workflow of many subscribed users of the QB software application worldwide. You can straighten out this problem manually or can seek the advice from QuickBooks experts team.
In this article, we shall be talking through some of the techniques that you can use to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, -305 in a moment.
What prompts the Error Code 6000, -305?
Here are some of the reasons that could trigger this error:
- If there is an inappropriate network setting
- There could be any company file that is either impaired or corrupted
- This error can come about on both local and network setup
Note: Always double-check whether your QuickBooks Desktop software is upgraded to the latest release available. It is also suggested to install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor before you decide to carry out any of the steps discussed in this article. If you still face the issue after using the tool, seek the assistance of our QuickBooks product help team.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000, -305?
Here are some of the suggested techniques that you can execute to do away with this error. However, ensure that you execute these steps in the order as stated below for improved results:
When you are trying to open a file on the local network
This indicates that you are trying to open a company file that you have stored on the PC where your QuickBooks software application is installed. In such a scenario, you need to perform the following steps:
Solution 1: Give a new name to the .ND and .TLG files
- Go to the folder wherein you save your company file.
- Try to locate the files with a similar file name as that of your company files.ND and .TLG extensions
- Do the right-click on every file and give a new name to them. After that, add the word OLD towards the end of every file name. For instance: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Go to QuickBooks again and try to log in to your company file.
Solution 2: Open a mock-up company file
- open Company Open section’ and hit on open a Mock-up File and select any from the list of mock-up company files.
- If the mock-up file opens, continue to solution 3.
Solution 3: Make a copy of the QuickBooks files on the Desktop
- Go to the folder wherein you store your company file.
- Try to locate the file with the .QBW extension
- Do right click on the file and click on the Copy option. After this move on to Desktop, then do right-click on any place, and then click on the Paste option.
- Hold down the control key for some seconds. QuickBooks will open and direct you to the No Company Open section.
- Press on the open or reinstate the current company. Go to the desktop and try to locate the company file you pasted and try to open the same.
Solution 4: Try to reinstate the backup
If your company file doesn’t open even after you shifted it to a different location, you can reinstate a backup copy so as to verify whether the issue is with the existing company file (.QBW). Follow the given steps:
- Verify that your system is not hosting.
- Go to the company file and select Utilities.
- Look for Stop Hosting Multi-User Access in the list and click Yes
- Close the same window
- Ensure your company file path name doesn’t have more than 210 characters.
- Rehash reinstating the company file.
When you try to open the company files on the network:
This indicates that you are trying to open the company file stored either on the server or another system. In such a scenario, you need to perform the following steps:
- Verify whether the Hosting option is ON or not on all the computers wherein the QuickBooks app is installed
- Give a new name to the .ND and .TLG files and try to reboot/again scan the Database Server Manager
- Open a mock-up company file locally which is set up on a computer unit
- Try to launch the company file locally
- Exit from all the running QuickBooks processes
- Confirm the folder authorization manually
- Try to configure the firewall ports and Anti-Virus Software application already installed in your system
If the issue perseveres, please make sure you get in touch with the QuickBooks tech team as soon as possible before the issue creates any sort of severe problem for your business. Get Help for 24/7 hour Service provide any question Chat with Us.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW with our experts.