Learn How Promptly You Can Resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -83
QuickBooks financial management software is one of the best accounting applications that are widely accepted by small and mid-sized business owners. Keeping a track of regular accounting and managing books of accounts is monotonous for business owners and entrepreneurs. So QuickBooks simplifies the accounting functions by entering recurring expenses like payroll and rent, as well as protect your future income.
QuickBooks is an affordable solution and helps the user to send journal entries to clients directly from the program, without having to print documents or export them as PDFs. The software offers support for the issues that the users face according to feasible software solutions. QuickBooks offers a variety of features and tools that amalgamate with a friendly interface that makes it highly acceptable among financial professionals like accountants and bookkeepers. Also, the startups are benefitted who are new to this software.
Like other accounting software, QuickBooks also prone to errors. At times the user faces such critical error that can hinder the work process and hamper the accounting process of the business. The errors that occur cannot be ignored and it becomes imperative to resolve these errors as soon as possible so that the loss is less and work process is resumed. When an error occurs in QuickBooks it is denoted with error code that precisely narrates the significance the error. It also helps to identify the actual cause of the occurrence of the error and resolution becomes easy and quick. There different errors codes related to the same series such as: QuickBooks error code -6176, 0 or -6000,-77 etc.
Exact Error Shown While Using QB:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit technical support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -83)
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6000 83
- Your system will not respond and will be stuck with a black screen.
- QuickBooks has stopped working and an error may appear.
- You will see the error message “QuickBooks error code 6000 83” on your desktop screen.
- Your system will freeze repeatedly.
Why the QuickBooks Error -6000,-83 Does Occur?
Sometimes the user is capable of fixing the error without any technical assistance. The error resolution steps are suggested by Intuit. But the most important thing is to know the exact reason why the error has occurred as there are multiple reasons for the occurrence of the error.
QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -83 is a part of Error Code -6000 and is caused due to following reasons:
- The incomplete or improper installation process of the QuickBooks program
- Damaged or corrupt format of company file in .QBW
- Improper server access for the file
- The corrupt folder that comprises the company file
- Restricted access permissions to the client for the file
- QuickBooks hosted on two servers instead of an authorized one.
- Security settings program like Antivirus or firewall is stopping the use of the software.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -83
The error resolution is according to the latest activities performed on the software prior the error occurred. Some major scenarios for the error occurrence are as follows:
- In case the client attempts to access the QuickBooks Company file located on Windows server: You can fix the error by downloading the QuickBooks File Doctor program from the website and running it to fix the issue or configure the software on one server if it is stored on two servers.
- In case the client tries to create a back up of the file: Here you can perform manual back-up function and store the copy in another folder in C-Drive.
- Attempt to restore the company file: Verify whether the extension is .qbw.adr or .qbm and then change it to .qbw.
Infographic to Fix QuickBooks Error -6000,-83
Need Experts Help?
If you fail to resolve the QB error code -6000, -83 by the above-mentioned steps you can contact the QuickBooks support team and get professional help from them. In case you do not get the required support in time, you can contact QuickBooks Technical Help Desk and acquire prompt support for your issues through the Toll-Free + contact.
Check out more QuickBooks Error Codes: