Multi-User mode Switching H202 Error
For working with QuickBooks you need to know the right way otherwise you can face several problems. Many people often find it an error when they try to connect multi-users. Many users complain that they are getting an error code when they try to connect multi-users. So, QuickBooks error code H202 has now become a major headache for most users.
Error Code: H202
This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.
Here’s how to fix this problem:
On the computer where the company file is located, open the start menu, then open QuickBooks Database Server Manager. The Database Server Manager will scan your files and restore the connection.
What is QuickBooks Error Code H202?
An error code is a particular number that occurs when a task cannot be finished on your computer or other such devices. The error codes generally occur in windows or even in other software. If you get the error code then you can identify the problem, you can search the problem by the error code and you will get to know what the problem actually is.
QuickBooks error code H202 indicates that QuickBooks cannot access the data or company file that is located on another computer. So the cannot be completed. There may be multiple reasons behind this.
- Perhaps ND File is damage.
- QuickBooks fails to obtain the IP (Internet Protocol) address of that particular computer where the actual company files are located.
- In some cases, the security software blocks access to the actual computer where the files are located.
- Check the configuration settings, in some cases incorrect configuration settings prohibit access.
- Incorrect DNS settings also may be the reason behind this trouble.
- Check whether the QuickBooks services are started or not.
Fix QuickBooks Error H202 Easily
- Confirm QuickBooks service: if you want to continue work with multiple users in QuickBooks then you should confirm that the QuickBooks service is running properly on the server computer. If there is no proper service on the server computer then you cannot work with multiple users. To verify QuickBooks service first click on Windows Start. Then press Windows + R. Input service.msc. Then press Enter. Then scroll down and see QuickBooks DBXX service.
- Confirm hosting in server computer: for QuickBooks multi-user system you need to enable hosting in the server computer and this hosting should only be enabled in the server computer.
- Double-click on QuickBooks DBXX: To make sure if the startup type is in automatic mode double click on QuickBooks DBXX. You need to be sure about the QuickBooks DBXX and the proper running of service status.
If you work with QuickBooks then you need to know the services and settings of it, otherwise, you may face various problems in working. For managing your company file in QuickBooks you may feel the necessity of connecting multi-computer with the server computers, or even you can share data with other people through computers. There are many positive sites for connecting multi-users in a company. If some time QuickBooks error code H202 occurs you cannot connect your server computer with the other users. For that, you need to fix the problem in a proper way. Follow those steps to fix the problem of error code H202. You can contact QuickBooks Desktop Support for getting your error resolved.