QuickBooks Error Code h202 occurs when another person tries to access an equivalent company file or want to put it on another system. This error may be a unique error that mainly involved QuickBooks’ multiuser operational mode. The message indicates that there’s some connection issue with the corporate file or folder or even it shows that QuickBooks needs some help for connection.
When you come across this error then you fail to open a company file that is located on another system. Multi-User mode Switching H202 Error may also not allow you to access the financial data easily. In such cases, most QuickBooks users do not know how to get rid of this error. In this blog, there are some mentioned ways that effectively help you to resolve this error easily and also reduces the causes of the error.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code H202
Some of the common causes behind this error that are listed below just give a look and consider this as one of your reason due to which you are getting the error.
- A firewall system may block your entire communication path in QuickBooks multiuser operational mode
- You may have done in DNS setting which is not acceptable
- An error occurring due to some damage or corrupted company file
- You may have not the proper setting on your hosting configuration
- You are not able to connect with the host/server in your system
- DBXX or QBCF monitor of QuickBooks may stop working.
How to fix QuickBooks Error H202?
Once, you identify the error then you may not be able to connect with the network because this error may jam the network connectivity. To rectify this error, you need to follow the following solutions. However, there are numerous techniques or solutions available for resolving the QuickBooks error H202 but below are suitable ways to rectify your issue:
6 Methods to fix QuickBooks Error H202
There are numerous methods to solve QuickBooks error code H202. For the best results, follow the methods.
Method 1: Test Network Connectivity and Calibration
- Check your network connectivity on all computers which are using for QuickBooks
- Select Utilities on the File menu
- Then turn off the complete hosting
- Open Windows and type “This PC” on a particular host computer that is using for QuickBooks
- Ensure that all the networks are visible by double-click on the network options which you can see on the left of Windowpane
- Ping the server name to all workstations using a computer that is used for QuickBooks Host/server
- Open Command Prompt to give the command for all the ping test
- Send command syntax that includes the Computer name
- In the end, Press Enter.
Method 2: Access the Network Diagnostic Tool
- At first, Download and install the tool.
- Check the folder where the data file is located.
- Write down the number of IP locations and Web Interfaces.
- If the Firewall Status sector has an Open Ports key, hit the button to enable those ports for QuickBooks.
- Check for the data file connectivity.
- Try to open your company data file.
- If the QuickBooks error H202 still there, try to add the QuickBooks port to the list of differences in the Windows Firewall.
Method 3: Add your server to the Windows Host file
- Proceed to the windows hosts file on your computer wherein the error is beyond.
- (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\) by the use of Notepad.
- Open Notepad as an Admin, if required.
- Follow the insertion point after the last IP address and write the server’s IP address.
- Hit the Tab button once, and write the server name.
- From the File menu, select the “Save” option. After that, press Exit.
- Try to open the company file.
Method 4: Create a new folder for your company file
- On the hosting computer, make a new folder.
- Share the folder and set it up. After that, Windows will obtain permission to share the company files.
- Now, copy the QuickBooks Database (QBW) file data to a new folder.
- In the end, open your business file in multi-user mode again.
Method 5: Fix hosting to local files
- QuickBooks and hit F2 to open the Product Information screen.
- In the lower-left, below the Local Server Data, Select Hosting to display ‘local files only’.
- Make sure that no other customer policy tries to host the same company file.
Method 6: Delete and recreate the .ND file
- Press the Window key and type *.ND then hit Enter
- To delete the previous file, Right-click on the .ND file in the Results Window
- After that, hit on “Delete” in the open .ND file
- Confirm deletion once completed
- Open Windows once again
- Go to All Programs and select QuickBooks then QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open the “Scan Folder” tab on the same
- To browse your company file, Click “Add Folder” on the open page
- Choose the desired company file or folder and then hit the Ok button
- To do scanning, click on the “Scan” button
- Once the scanning completed then Click on the Close button.
How to reach us?
In case, if you’re still unable to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code H202 that means your company file gets badly damaged, and need to repair it soon. Thus, you do not waste any more time just reach out with the QuickBooks customer helpline number. They guide the easiest way to remove your error. You can also get assistance from QuickBooks Online Chat Service with dedicated customer support.