QuickBooks Error Code h202 occurs when another person tries to access an equivalent company file or wants to put it on another system. This error may be a unique error that mainly involved QuickBooks’ multiuser operational mode. The message indicates that there’s some connection issue with the corporate file or folder or even it shows that QuickBooks needs some help for connection.
When you come across this error then you fail to open a company file that is located on another system. Multi-User mode Switching H202 Error may also not allow you to access the financial data easily. In such cases, most QuickBooks users do not know how to get rid of this error. In this blog, there are some mentioned ways that effectively help you to resolve this error easily and also reduces the causes of the error.
- Exact Error Shown While Using QB:
- Causes for QuickBooks Error Code H202
- What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error code H202?
- How to fix QuickBooks Error H202?
- 6 Methods to fix QuickBooks Error H202
- Method 1: Test Network Connectivity and Calibration
- Method 2: Access the Network Diagnostic Tool
- Method 3: Add your server to the Windows Host file
- Method 4: Create a new folder for your company file
- Method 5: Fix hosting to local files
- Method 6: Delete and recreate the .ND file
- Method 7- Configure QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Method 8- Repair and Update QuickBooks
- Method 9- Verify QuickBooks Hosting
Exact Error Shown While Using QB:
Error Code: H202
This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.
Here’s how to fix this problems:
On the computer where the company file is located, open the start menu, then open QuickBooks Database Server Manager. The Database Server Manager will scan your files and restore the connection.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code H202
Some of the common causes behind this error that are listed below just give a look and consider this as one of your reason due to which you are getting the error.
- A firewall system may block your entire communication path in QuickBooks multiuser operational mode
- You may have done in DNS setting which is not acceptable
- An error occurring due to some damage or corrupted company file
- You may have not the proper setting on your hosting configuration
- You are not able to connect with the host/server in your system
- DBXX or QBCF monitor of QuickBooks may stop working.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error code H202?
- The error message of H202 display on your screen continuously
- QuickBooks got freezes all the time
- Not able to switch to multi-user mode
- System becomes inactive
- The company file is not opening on another computer.
Related Post: QuickBooks Error H101
How to fix QuickBooks Error H202?
Once, you identify the error then you may not be able to connect with the network because this error may jam the network connectivity. To rectify this error, you need to follow the following solutions. However, there are numerous techniques or solutions available for resolving the QuickBooks error H202 but below are suitable ways to rectify your issue:
6 Methods to fix QuickBooks Error H202
There are numerous methods to solve QuickBooks error code H202. For the best results, follow the methods.
Method 1: Test Network Connectivity and Calibration
- Check your network connectivity on all computers which are using for QuickBooks
- Select Utilities on the File menu
- Then turn off the complete hosting
- Open Windows and type “This PC” on a particular host computer that is using for QuickBooks
- Ensure that all the networks are visible by double-click on the network options which you can see on the left of Windowpane
- Ping the server name to all workstations using a computer that is used for QuickBooks Host/server
- Open Command Prompt to give the command for all the ping test
- Send command syntax that includes the Computer name
- In the end, Press Enter.
Method 2: Access the Network Diagnostic Tool
- At first, Download and install the tool.
- Check the folder where the data file is located.
- Write down the number of IP locations and Web Interfaces.
- If the Firewall Status sector has an Open Ports key, hit the button to enable those ports for QuickBooks.
- Check for the data file connectivity.
- Try to open your company data file.
- If the QuickBooks error H202 still there, try to add the QuickBooks port to the list of differences in the Windows Firewall.
Related Post: QuickBooks Error H303
Method 3: Add your server to the Windows Host file
- Proceed to the windows hosts file on your computer wherein the error is beyond.
- (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\) by the use of Notepad.
- Open Notepad as an Admin, if required.
- Follow the insertion point after the last IP address and write the server’s IP address.
- Hit the Tab button once, and write the server name.
- From the File menu, select the “Save” option. After that, press Exit.
- Try to open the company file.
Method 4: Create a new folder for your company file
- On the hosting computer, make a new folder.
- Share the folder and set it up. After that, Windows will obtain permission to share the company files.
- Now, copy the QuickBooks Database (QBW) file data to a new folder.
- In the end, open your business file in multi-user mode again.
Method 5: Fix hosting to local files
- QuickBooks and hit F2 to open the Product Information screen.
- In the lower-left, below the Local Server Data, Select Hosting to display ‘local files only’.
- Make sure that no other customer policy tries to host the same company file.
Method 6: Delete and recreate the .ND file
- Press the Window key and type *.ND then hit Enter
- To delete the previous file, Right-click on the.ND file in the Results Window
- After that, hit on “Delete” in the open.ND file
- Confirm deletion once completed
- Open Windows once again
- Go to All Programs and select QuickBooks then QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open the “Scan Folder” tab on the same
- To browse your company file, Click “Add Folder” on the open page
- Choose the desired company file or folder and then hit the Ok button
- To do scanning, click on the “Scan” button
- Once the scanning completed then Click on the Close button.
Method 7- Configure QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open the Run window
- Then type MSC and press Enter button
- Click on the Services icon
- In the list of services, find and select the QuickBooksDBXX
- Then double-click on the service you selected
- Then choose option Stop that helps you to disable the service
- Then click on the Start option as the Automatic
- Now open QuickBooks and then open the Company File.
Method 8- Repair and Update QuickBooks
- Open Control Panel in your system
- Then go to the Programs and Features or Programs option
- Again, click on the Programs option
- You get a list of Programs, so search for QuickBooks
- Now, right-click on QuickBooks and click on Uninstall/Change option
- Then choose the Repair option and click on the Next button
- You get few instructions to follow
- After that, you are done with the repair process
- Now do update the QuickBooks to the latest release
- Open the QuickBooks software
- Then click on the Help menu option
- Select Update QuickBooks
- Get the update and then update it properly
- In the end, restart your computer and start using QuickBooks.
Method 9- Verify QuickBooks Hosting
- Open the QuickBooks on the system where hosting is done
- Go to the File menu and choose the Utility option further
- In further options, if you see the Host Multi-User Access option that means this system is not hosting your QuickBooks then move to another system
- If you see the option Stop Hosting Multi-User Access then click on it
- Make sure that the company file is closed if not then do it
- In the end, click on the OK button and you are done.
How to reach us?
In case, if you’re still unable to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code H202 that means your company file gets badly damaged, and needs to repair it soon. Thus, you do not waste any more time just reach out with the QuickBooks customer helpline number. They guide the easiest way to remove your error. You can also get assistance from QuickBooks Online Chat Service with dedicated customer support.
What are the reasons that cause QuickBooks error code H202?
1. QuickBooks hosting settings are incorrect
2. The QuickBooks error code H202 port is not available
3. QuickBooks Database Manager conflicts with the DNS server
4. The communication of QuickBooks is blocked by the firewall
5. The service components are damaged.
Do I have to turn off the Host multi-user access option in my QuickBooks to fix QuickBooks error code H202?
Yes, the Host multi-user access option must be turned off if not then do it on the workstations.as these are the systems on network that are not hosting the company files. You have to check that this option is turned-on on the system that is the server computer.
Does QuickBooks Tool Hub fix the QuickBooks error code H202?
Yes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub resolves the problem. As you can download and install it on your computer. Then run the database server manager of QuickBooks on the server. After that, your issue is fixed and you can check for errors by just switching the multi-user mode.