QuickBooks Error Code h202 occurs when another person tries to access the same company file or want to place it on another system. This error is a unique error that mainly involved with QuickBooks’ multiuser operational mode. The message indicates that there is some connection issue with the company file or folder or maybe it shows that QuickBooks needs some help for connection.
When you come across this error then you fail to open a company file that is located on another system. Multi-User mode Switching H202 Error may also not allow you to access the financial data easily. In such cases, most of the QuickBooks users do not know how to get rid of this error. In this blog, there are some mentioned ways that effectively help you to resolve this error easily and also reduces the causes of the error.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code H202
Some of the common causes behind this error that are listed below just give a look and consider this as one of your reason due to which you are getting the error.
- Firewall system may block your entire communication path in QuickBooks multiuser operational mode
- You may have done in DNS setting which is not acceptable
- An error occurring due to some damage or corrupted company file
- You may have not the proper setting on your hosting configuration
- You are not able to connect with the host/server in your system
- DBXX or QBCF monitor of QuickBooks may stop working.
How to fix QuickBooks Error H202?
Once, you identify the error then you may not be able to connect with the network because this error may jam the network connectivity. To rectify this error, you need to follow the following solutions. However, there are numerous techniques or solutions available for resolving the QuickBooks error H202 but below are suitable ways to rectify your issue:
Method 1: Test Network Connectivity and Calibration
- Check your network connectivity on all computers which are using for QuickBooks
- Select Utilities on the File menu
- Then turn off the complete hosting
- Open Windows and type “This PC” on a particular host computer which is using for QuickBooks
- Ensure that all the networks are visible by double-click on the network options which you can see on the left of Windowpane
- Ping the server name to all workstations using a computer which is used for QuickBooks Host/server
- Open Command Prompt to give the command for all the ping test
- Send command syntax that includes the Computer name
- In the end, Press Enter.
Method 2: Delete and recreate the .ND file
- Press Window key and type *.ND then hit Enter
- To delete the previous file, Right-click on the .ND file in the Results Window
- After that, hit on “Delete” in the open .ND file
- Confirm deletion once completed
- Open Windows once again
- Go to All Programs and select QuickBooks then QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open the “Scan Folder” tab on the same
- To browse your company file, Click “Add Folder” on the open page
- Choose the desired company file or folder and then hit the Ok button
- To do scanning, click on the “Scan” button
- Once the scanning completed then Click on the Close button.
How to reach us?
In case, if you’re still unable to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code H202 that means your company file gets badly damaged, and need to repair it soon. Thus, you do not waste any more time just reach out with QuickBooks customer helpline number. They guide the easiest way to remove your error. You can also get assistance from QuickBooks Online Chat Service with dedicated customer support.