QuickBooks Journal Entries
Journal entries are important steps for keeping a track of all the transactions you have done all through a specific period of time. In this article you will find all the information you need to know about Journal entries in QuickBooks. So let us get started!
How to find Journal Entries in QuickBooks online:
Please find below the steps to look for Journal entries in QuickBooks online:
- First of all open QuickBooks on your computer.
- Locate the ‘plus’ sign on the upper center of the toolbar of QuickBooks.
- Click that ‘plus’ sign/icon.
- From the drop down menu select ‘Other’ option.
- Now click on ‘Journal Entry’ option.
- Here you can also look for a previous journal entry by clicking on ‘Recent Transaction.’ (This is represented with a ‘clock’ image.)
- Now click on ‘More’ option.
- You can also find any journal entry by its name by writing the specific name in the ‘Type’ column. From the drop down list you can select you desired journal entry.
- Select your desired Journal entry and click on it to open it.
How to create Journal Entries in QuickBooks:
Here are the general instructions on creating Journal entries in QuickBooks:
- Firstly open the ‘Company’ option.
- Please select ‘Make General Journal Entries’ option from the top section of the screen.
- Here you can adjust the date of the journal if required otherwise the QuickBooks is set to put the current date to the journal.
Tip: If you are thinking to create a journal from any previous transaction, make sure you edit the date here.
- In this section you can change the Entry of the Journal, otherwise QuickBooks will put a entry number to the journal by default.
- Next you need to enter the ledger account number in the ‘Account Column.’
- Now you can enter the details of debit or credit amount as per the account you are dealing with.
Please Note: The debit and the credit amounts must match and be equal to each other in order to allow QuickBooks to post the entry.
- Now it is suggested that you should a lot a memo in the ‘Memo Column.’ It is smart to choose a suggestive memo name so that you can clearly recollect later on what was this memo for.
- You can follow the above steps for all the entries you wish to make. Just keep a close watch on the amount of credit and debit. Their amount must be equal to qualify it for the QuickBooks to post the entry.
- Once you have completed all the entries click on ‘Save’ option.
- Now click on ‘Close’ to shut the window.
- If you wish to continue with some other work on QuickBooks, then you may cllcik on ‘Save & New’ option.
Scope of Service:
We hope this article helped you in finding journal in QuickBooks. For any issues: call QuickBooks..