QuickBooks offers an amazing tool that helps users in creating payroll computations with much ease. It is extremely advantageous for employers to get a payroll subscription with QB software to handle paychecks and concentrate on various other facets of the business. But there may be several instances where the user can encounter such errors while using payroll. QuickBooks Payroll Subscription error usually takes place when you try to update your payroll tax tables, but an error message appears on your screen abruptly and stops the update process. The mistake happens mostly when you face difficulty checking your payroll subscription.
If you’re also facing the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription error then this blog can be a savior for you as it discloses all the relevant causes as well as the quick fixes to get rid of this error.
Error: Sorry, we need to verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks desktop”.
“Error: Sorry it looks like you need a subscription to install QuickBooks desktop”
What can lead to QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error?
No single factor contributes to this form of error, which means that QuickBooks Payroll Subscription errors can be caused by more than one explanation. To get rid of this error, it is pretty important to know the root cause of this error. Here are some of the probable causes that are jotted down:
- If the subscription for payroll is expired or invalid.
- Multiple payroll contracts with an inactive direct deposit contract are active.
- If your QuickBooks application file is infected or damaged by Paysub.ini.
- When the company files of QuickBooks gets damaged or corrupted.
- This error crashes the active window and prevents an on-going task from being completed.
- The components are not updated for your QuickBooks program or the supporting windows.
- The service key you use is not the right one.
- If the PSID of your company file is not right.
- If you are using Windows, your QuickBooks Desktop edition is not supported.
- An invalid EIN number is also a cause for the occurrence of this mistake.
Quick fixes to tackle QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error
Perform the below-described fixation method to troubleshoot payroll subscription errors. Let’s start performing one after one in the given sequence order:
Method 1: Verify the QB Payroll Subscription
- Initially, download and install the QuickBooks Desktop most updated version
- Along with that install the new released Tax Table
- Now, launch QuickBooks and try to log into the Payroll Service Account
- Next, move to the Employees >> My Payroll Services >> Account or Billing Information
- Enter your appropriate login credentials and select the Sign In option
- After that, restart your system and attempt to download the latest updates once again
- At last, try to open your QuickBooks Software and check out whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 2: Rename Pysub.ini file
- ini is a window hidden file, so very first you need to change the Windows folder settings to see this file
- Next, go to My Computer and then Organize
- Now, select the Folder >> Search >> View tab
- After that, go to the hidden folders or files then choose Show Hidden Folder, Files, and Drivers option
- Hit Apply then Ok
- Once again go back to My Computer and look for the Paystub in the search bar at the top
- Once you find the Paysub.ini file then select the Rename option by right-clicking the same
- Afterward, rename the file extension from .ini to .old
- You can repeat the same process for other Paystub files that you find.
Hopefully, you find this blog useful in rectifying the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription error. However, multi-faceted reasons in QuickBooks are credited to evoke the same error while verifying payroll. Implementing any of the above-stated methods might help you in resolving this error. It is advised that you perform the above-discussed steps in the given sequence.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems