Everyone knows QuickBooks gives you a very easy platform to manage the payroll. Payroll is something that can be managed and it gives amazing management tools as well. In today’s article, we are going to discuss how to set up the payroll in QuickBooks.
Setup Payroll in QuickBooks Desktop
Before starting you need some below details which you can get from previous records or accountants.
- Company Information
- Direct Deposits
- tax Information
- Prior Information
- Liability information
Before setting up the payroll you need to activate it, To activate the payroll service purchased from a retail store follow the below steps:
Activate payroll service purchased from a retails store
If you have purchased from a retails store you can easily activate the same through below steps:
The payroll is usually for the 1-year subscription from the date of purchase and it has also a limited number of employees. The credit card used for the following:
- Renewal of subscription – The renewal of subscription is done automatically after one year after activating your payroll. You will get the confirmation message before 30 days about the renewal.
- Per employee fee – Paying is depending on the number of employees you have.
Activating the payroll service
- Select Employees>>Payroll>> select Install Payroll from Box(If you don’t see the option Install payroll from Box then your QuickBooks Desktop may have already a payroll subscription)
- Fill the fields in the Payroll License and Product info page. The payroll license number is shown in a bright color sticker inside the box. Generally, the product number is available in the folder. Set up Payroll in QuickBooks These numbers work together to verify the payroll subscription
- Select Continue
- Compete for the details in the Payroll company legal information section. All the fields should be filled until any optional field is there
Activating the payroll services if bought by phone or by email
If you have purchased the service from the phone or email, you can also activate the same by following the below steps:
Get the service key, generally, its emailed to you, enter it to activate the QuickBooks. If you don’t have key use the Automated Service Key.
Enter the Service key in QuickBooks
- Select Payroll from employees menu and select Enter Service key
- If you have any existing payroll subscription, you are prompted to specify to add the file to your payroll subscription. Select Skip to go service window, or add the file to existing payroll subscription
- Select add
- Mention the service key, Select Next. A confirmation message comes
- Select finish
Start setup the payroll wizard
- Open the QuickBooks
- Select the Employees in the top toolbar
- Scroll and select Payroll setup to open the wizard
- Follow the instruction of Payroll setup wizard
Once you will follow all the steps of the setup wizard, it’s done.
How to contact?
Still, facing issues, ☎ 1-800-993-4190 and get connected yourself with QuickBooks 24*7 Helpdesk. The support team is available always for you to make your work more streamlined and error-free. QuickBooks Support Team is professional, polite, and easy to understand the queries of the customers to give an instant and quick reply. You can also email at email@example.com soon one of the QuickBook Support Team members get back to you with the resolution. QuickBooks support team is a one-stop solution for all QuickBooks errors and issues.