What is QuickBooks Accountant Copy
Are you new to QuickBooks? Want to figure out how to create an Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks? You have landed yourself in the perfect place! This article is all you need to create an Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks. Here we go!
Background check before creating an Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks
Look out for the following points before you start to create an Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks:
- You must switch off the ‘Advanced Inventory’ i.e. AI before you create an Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks.
- You would get two weeks to download the Accountant’s copy that you wish to upload, in case you are using ‘ACFT’ i.e. Accountant File Transfer
- In case you have to recreate the Accountant’s Copy then you will need to withdraw the ‘Accountant’s copy restriction.’ Also, you would need to create the Accountant’s Copy again.
Please Note: Once you withdraw the Account’s copy restriction, you will not be permitted to import the Accountant’s Changes from the old copy that you created.
- Also a constant status of ‘Accountant’s Changes Pending’ will be displayed on the QuickBooks’ screen till the time you take away the restrictions.
How to Create an Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks
Here are the simple steps that will help you to create an Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks. Please make sure that you follow them in the order as mentioned below:
- Open QuickBooks on your computer.
- Click on ‘File’ in the upper toolbar of the QuickBooks window.
- You will see a drop-down list appearing on your screen. Choose the ‘Send Company File’ option from the list.
- In the new window please select the ‘Accountant’s Copy’ option.
- Then you need to go to ‘Client Activities.’
- At this stage, you can save the file locally. You can do so in the following ways:
- Click on the ‘Save File’ option.
- In this window choose the location of the file to be saved. We suggest- not to save the file on the desktop of your computer.
Points to bear in mind while creating an ‘Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks’
Please take care of these points while creating an Accountant’s Copy:
- You will get ‘Accountant’s Changes Pending’ status even after you save the Accountant’s Copy of QuickBooks.
- You will get rid of this status only when making the changes back from the accountant.
- You can also remove the status by taking away the restrictions.
Scope of Service:
We hope this article assisted you well in creating an Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks. We understand that you may need some case-specific technical support in creating the Accountant’s copy. For any such support, our team of experts is happy to help you.
- For any issues, call QuickBooks.
- You can also chat LIVE with one of our experts for an instant one on one customized support.