Whether or not to use invoice while making a deposit in the QuickBooks:
Making a deposit in the QuickBooks without an invoice is easy and is based on your discretion. If you wish to track your income then it is advisable to use invoices, otherwise if you have any other way to track your income then you can make the deposit without invoice in QuickBooks.
Steps to deposit a payment in the QuickBooks without invoice:
Verify the batch totals in the QuickBooks before proceeding:
It is advisable to look at the batch calculations before making the deposit in the QuickBooks payment.
Please Note: This advice is applicable for US only.
Please follow these steps to verify the batch totals:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Under the ‘Activity and Reports’ section, click on ‘Deposit’ option.
- Here you can check the batch totals.
Steps to deposit the payment on QuickBooks:
Please follow these steps:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Now click on ‘Banking’ menu.
- From the drop down list click on ‘Record Deposits or Make Deposits’ option.
- A new Payment to Deposit window will appear on your computer screen.
- Choose your desired payment that you wish to make.
- Then click on ‘OK’ button.
Please Note: Usually the Payment to Deposit window opens on its own. In case it doesn’t pops up, there can be following reasons behind it:
- The Undeposited Funds account is turned off.
- There have been no payments made yet.
- If the Payment to Deposit window doesn’t opens up on its own then you can click on ‘Payments’ button in the Payment to Deposit window.
- Click on ‘Deposit to’ option in the Payment to Deposit window.
- From the drop down menu please select the bank account in which you wish to deposit the payment.
- Now you need to enter the date.
- Now you can enter the memo. It is optional though.
- Now you can enter any other additional payments that you wish to deposit.
Please Note: The deposit sum total is the sum of all the payments you have deposited.
- Click on ‘Save button.
- And then click on ‘Close’ button to successfully complete the process.
Above steps can be used to do the following:
- With QuickBooks you can deposit customer payments.
- QuickBooks offers you a smart feature to deposit end-of-day sales for non-posted credit card charges.
- QuickBooks also offers you to deposit your money to an account other than a bank account.
Scope of Service
The customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. We welcome your queries, feedback and any scope of discussion with great eagerness. Our team of experts is available for you 24/7. You can contact us at:
- For any issues, call QuickBooks Technical Support Toll-free number +1-800-993-4190.
- For an instant customized technical support you can chat LIVE with one of our experts.