Merchant Account in QuickBooks
Merchant Account feature integrates within QuickBooks software that has eased the process of initiating credit payment by integrating the credit cards within the account. The users that are employing QuickBooks software are probably well aware of this tool. Intuit checks the tool to aid merchant vendors to complete payment activity securely and smoothly.
QuickBooks Merchant Services Account also helps users to process payments through invoices that also helps in managing and tracking the set payment transactions directly from the QuickBooks software. Certain benefits according to the user with Merchant Account are:
- The business owners who use QuickBooks online as a payment mode is twice faster. It is very easy to email invoices with the “Pay Now” link and accepts online payments easily via credit cards, debit cards, and bank transfers.
- QuickBooks software automatically deposits payments in banks in a few days. There is no need for manual transfers or go to the bank
- You can use all the major credit cards and debit cards for payment.
- There are two main pricing plans that you get from QuickBooks to keep minimal fees. (a) pay-as-you-go plan (b) only pay. There are low monthly rates available that can help to save you more depending upon your processing needs.
- QuickBooks automatically updates invoices and your books when you get paid. The reconciliation is also automatic, which is a time-consuming task.
Accessing the Merchant Account from the QuickBooks Software:
Depending on the version of QuickBooks software – Desktop or Online, the user can access the Merchant Account by following the steps given below for each version.
Merchant Account under QuickBooks Desktop version
- Click on the QuickBooks icon to access the software.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks company file that connects with the Merchant Service Account.
- Under the tab name Customers from the main menu bar, click on the Credit Card procession option, followed by Merchant Service Center.
Merchant Account under QuickBooks Online version: In order to access Merchant Account with QuickBooks Online version. The user has to navigate through the Company preferences option:
- Login to QuickBooks Online version and company file that links to the Merchant Account.
- Move to the top section of the screen and click on the Gear icon.
- Next select the option of Account and Settings, followed by the Payments tab.
- Click on the option labeled as ‘Connect to Setup Merchant Services to the Company file’. Alternatively, click on Manage Details in case the Merchant Account is already connected.
This should help you to set and connect Merchant Account with the company file for future use. However, if you face any issues in following the steps and accessing the Merchant Services account then connect with the technical QuickBooks customer service team. The team is knowledgeable about all the features and tools of the software. If you are unable to connect with the team due to a long queue then try the alternative support agencies. One such agency called BusinessAccountings can be contacted through Toll-Free – contact.