QuickBooks Error Code 267-Rebuild not working usually occurs when users open an older customer invoice and then view it. Once trying to close, the dialog box will ask the credential for modification before the closing date. After doing other works in QuickBooks, if the uses open the balance sheet, then the error code 267 often arises. This article will explore how to fix QuickBooks Error Code 267 when the balance sheet is found not balanced.
What are the significant causes of QuickBooks error code 267?
- The balance sheet was not in balance.
- Token headers regarding user referred to NULL
- When a sales tax code is missing in Target
- Discrepancies on reports like invoices
- Bills posted with negative values
- Balance sheet reports do not display all accounts
How to resolve error code 267 in QuickBooks?
Step 1: Verify Data
When verifying Data self, It determines the most frequently known data challenges within a company file. Here is the list of steps you need to verify data:
- Locate Window and then click Close All
- Click on File and then choose Utilities.
- Hit on Verify Data
- Once clicked, there will display the following pointers.
- QuickBooks detected no issue in your data, and no further action is required.
- A particular issue message addressing causes behind it
- “Your data has lost integrity” specify that there is data damage in the File.
- Once done, then try the following points to Rebuild Data to fix the issue:
- Continue to the next step below to Rebuild Data to correct the problem.
Step 2: Rebuilding Data
Rebuilding data fix the data integrity concerns discovered through Verify data. Follow the given described instruction to rebuild data:
- Discover File hit on Utilities and then Choose Rebuild Data.
- Once done, you will get a warning message regarding the backup of the company file.
- Hit on OK button
- You have to take a backup before performing Rebuild because it might include deleting the process of transactions, invoices, or list entries to resolve the file issue.
- The company file backup ensures that you have a secure company file copy to make changes without worrying.
- Now locate and choose the location where you want to save the backup File.
- Hit on OK located at the bottom corner of the backup Window
- Here choose the NO option if you are asked in a dialog box that you want to replace another backup file.
- Write a new name in the field of the file name.
- Hit on Save Button
- Once backup fails, then choose to cancel at the prompt named Rebuilt, or you can seek payroll help desk support for advice.
- Once done, the backup of the Rebuild Data utility begins.
- Choose the OK button once you receive the message about Rebuild was completed.
Verify remaining damage of data
Execute Verify data to monitor the remaining damage. To do this, here are the steps:
- Locate File
- Hit on utility
- Choose Verify Data
- If found, any extra damage that specifies damage requires manual correction. You have to locate the issue within qbwin.log and find the resolution accordingly at the QuickBooks Desktop official support site.
- If not found any error, then you need to restore a backup that you created previously. For this
- Go to File and then hit on Restore.
- While restoring, ensure that you do not overwrite the existing company file. You can also manually re-enter the entries after completing the restore process.
Hopefully, the above steps help you to fix QuickBooks Error Code 267. The write-up might need your concentration and little time to invest, but I ensure it will beneficial for you! So patiently read the article and try implementing the steps and rectify the error.
Get Experts Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems