QuickBooks Desktop software users can benefit from improved user interface and security protocols. It requires the company owner to log in to an Intuit account when opening the company file. An Intuit account gives you access to all of Intuit’s powerful products, including owned QuickBooks Desktop applications and connected services through a single stable login. However, using an Intuit account is completely different from a QB company file login.
However, once you’ve signed in to your Intuit account, you can use the user management dashboard to track user roles and access to its connected services. This article is based on the same also it will guide through the steps for Set Up and Use Intuit Account User Management.
Steps to Invite Intuit account users and assign roles
Here are the steps to invite users to create an Intuit account so they can use Intuit services like Payroll Workflow, QuickBooks Payments, Payroll direct deposit, Receipt Management, TSheets time tracking by QuickBooks, and more.
Step One: From QuickBooks Desktop
1. First, sign in to your QuickBooks company file using admin user credentials related to it
2. Next, go to the Company menu >> Users
3. Now, select the option “Intuit Account User Management”
4. After that, select the Add User in order to add a new user to the file
5. Select the Roles tab to view the list of the available roles
6. Once done then enter the email of the user
7. From the Available Notes, select the user’s role and then select “Add”
8. When you’re done then select the “Add User” option
9. QuickBooks shows a message with the invite status, roles assigned, and the name of the QuickBooks Desktop Company file
10. Close the message by selecting Ok
11. The added users have a status of Pending on the Intuit account user management dashboard
12. The user’s status will change to Active once they accept the invite.
13. If you need to add users to multiple company files; go to the main menu and select the dropdown next to your email and then select the Change Company option.
Step Two: From a Web browser
1. Initially, sign in to your Intuit account
2. Next, select the company file that you want to access and then Continue
3. Now, select the “Add User” option in order to add a new user to the file
4. Select the Roles tab to view the list of the available roles
5. After that, enter the User’s name and from the Available Roles, select the User’s role
6. And then select the “Add” tab >> Add User
7. QuickBooks displays a message of the invite status with the roles assigned and the QuickBooks Desktop Company file name
8. Select “Ok” to close the message
9. The Pending status of the added users is visible on the Intuit account user management dashboard
10. The user’s status will change to Active once they accept the invitation.
11. If you need to connect users to several company files, go to the menu bar and pick Change Company from the dropdown next to your username.
What to do if you can’t find the company file that you’re looking for
You may not have signed in to your company file with your Intuit account yet if you’re the admin and don’t see your company.
If your company isn’t identified and you’re an employee, it’s likely that your administrator hasn’t yet invited you. In this scenario, follow the steps above to have your administrator invite you to the Intuit account.
Steps to edit or delete a user’s intuit account or role
- First, sign in to your QuickBooks company file using admin user credentials related to it
- Next, move to the Company menu >> Users
- Then select the Intuit Account User Management option
- Now, select the User and then choose either Edit or Delete from selecting the dropdown and depending on what you need to do
- You may also use the Find by email search box to find a user, or sort and find a user by selecting the email or status column
- Select an Assigned role with the user-selected
- After that, select the Remove option so the user is no longer has access to a role
- Select the Save tab once you’re done
- QuickBooks pops up a message that the user’s role was updated and then select the Ok tab
- Finally, the user’s updated function is displayed with an Active status on the Intuit account user management dashboard.
Steps to accept an Intuit account invite
If you’re invited to build an Intuit account, you must answer within 30 days or you won’t be able to sign in. Here’s what you can do:
- The very first, verify an email where you receive an invite
- Next, select the Accept Invite from an email invite
- Now, sign in using Intuit account email or User ID
- Select a method to verify your identity if asked
- Type a six-digit code and then select the Continue tab
- QuickBooks makes sure that you have accepted an invite
- At last, click on the Ok button.
After reading this article, it is expected that the reader to be able to effectively set up and use Intuit account user management. To get the most out of Intuit account user management, users simply need to follow the measures outlined above.
How to create or open a company file using your Intuit account ID?
Ans: Follow the instructions given below:
1. Generate a new company file or open an existing company file
— A. Select this if you’re an administrator who manages all financial actions and user roles for the QuickBooks Desktop Company file by logging in with Admin credentials. Then type in your email address or user ID.
—- B. If you use a mutual QuickBooks Desktop Admin credential to access the company register, you have to check this box.
2. Next, select the Continue tab
3. You are asked to enter your Email or User ID, and password, if you are an administrator
4. At last, select the Sign In option.
What do you understand with an Intuit Account?
Ans: You are creating pins or passwords in order to secure access using the mobile device on your mobile device. To access app functions on your mobile device, you must enter additional user credentials separately. This makes the app functions and mobile devices more secure.
Likewise, you can access basic QuickBooks features including making invoices and paying bills by logging into the QuickBooks Company file. Separately, logging into your Intuit account will give you access to all of Intuit’s services. The services include Payroll direct deposit, QuickBooks by TSheets time tracking, QuickBooks Payments, Receipt Management (new for QuickBooks 2021), and more.
What do you understand with intuit account user management?
It’s not the same as the customer accounts management portal or the one that Intuits identity. And after that, CAMPS can be used to manage all account-related details such as subscriptions, payment methods, and product downloads. The “One Intuit Identity” can be used to see or alter sign-in information, personal information, details, and privacy. But after signing in to the Intuit account, the user can manage the user roles and access connected services from the Intuit account user management dashboard.