Installing QuickBooks on a USB drive is a smart workaround to install the QuickBooks accounting program. This article will give you all the details on how to install the QuickBooks on USB drive. So let us get started!
Why to install the QuickBooks on a USB drive?
Well it is important to know the reason as to why one would need to install the QuickBooks on a USB drive:
- If you don’t have access to CD Drive USB drive can come in handy for QuickBooks installation.
How to install the QuickBooks accounting program on a USB drive:
This section will provide you a detailed set of step by step instructions on installing QuickBooks on a USB drive. Please make sure that you follow the steps carefully and in the right order:
- A computer with CD drive.
- A USB drive.
- Two or more than two computers that are connected over a common network
Steps to follow:
- Run the QuickBooks installation CD on a PC with CD Drive.
Please Note: If the QuickBooks installation wizard starts, then please close it, as it may start to run automatically by default.
- Right click on ‘Start.’
- From the drop down list choose ‘Open Windows Explorer’ option.
- Now go to CD drive and right click on it and select ‘Open’ or ‘Explore’ from the drop down list.
- The contents of the QuickBooks installation CD will appear in front of you.
- Select ‘QBooks’ folder and ‘Thirdparty’ folder by holding ‘Ctrl’ key and by selecting these folders.
- Copy the two ‘QBooks’ folder and ‘Thirdparty’ folder.
- Now create a new folder.
- Paste the two ‘QBooks’ folder and ‘Thirdparty’ folder into the new folder.
- Copy this new folder and keep it on the Windows clipboard for a while.
- Now insert the USB drive into your computer.
- Open the USB drive folder by accessing it through ‘My Computers.’
- Paste the two ‘QBooks’ folder and ‘Thirdparty’ folder into it.
- Carefully remove the USB drive from the computer.
You can treat this USB drive as a installation wizard for installing QuickBooks on any computer of your choice.
How to use USB drive to install the QuickBooks on a computer:
Once you have copied the ‘QBooks’ folder and ‘Thirdparty’ folder on a USB drive you can use it to install the QuickBooks on any PC of your choice. You can do so in the following ways:
- Insert the USB drive in the desired computer.
- Open the QuickBooks folder which is within the USB drive.
- Once opened it will start as a installation wizard on its own by default.
Scope of Service:
We hope you got a fair idea on how to install the QuickBooks on a USB drive. We understand that you may still have some doubts or would need further assistance. Don’t shy away from contacting our team of experts.
- For any issues, call QuickBooks contact Toll-free number +1-800-993-4190.