Steps to take before troubleshooting QuickBooks desktop crashes when emailing
Before we start to troubleshoot the issue please make sure of the following points:
- You should be able to send invoices to QuickBooks.
- Before jumping into fixing the issue, make sure you have closed all the QuickBooks files, apps, and processes.
Insight: The idea is to free the Task Manager of your PC from engaging in any QuickBooks activity before fixing the trouble.
Let’s fix the issue QuickBooks crashes when emailing:
In this section, we will look at the steps to resolve the issue when the QuickBooks Desktop crashes when emailing or emailing invoices. Without wasting any minute let us start!
- Hold the ‘Ctrl’ key, ‘Alt’ key, and the ‘Delete’ key together.
- Select ‘Start Task Manager.’
- Look for the types of files with the following extension in the ‘Task Manager’ window:
- .’ QB’
- Right-click on the above type of file. From the drop-down window choose ‘End Task.’
Let’s Repair QuickBooks Desktop:
Suggestion: Prepare the QuickBooks Desktop installation CD before we start with the QuickBooks repair work.
Please follow these steps to repair QuickBooks Desktop:
- Restart your computer
Insight: The above step will shut any programs or applications that are creating hindrances in the smooth running of QuickBooks.
- Now for an added safety measure, you should back up the Company files of QuickBooks.
- Click on ‘Start.’
- Go to ‘Control Panel.’
- Via ‘Control Panel’ go-to ‘Program and Features’ folder.
- Here in this window, you will find a list of all the programs, software, and apps that you have installed on your computer.
- Look for ‘QuickBooks’ on the list.
- Right-click on the ‘QuickBooks’ folder. From the drop-down list click on the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option.
- The new pop up window will ask you to choose from either uninstall or to repair the selected program. Choose ‘Repair.’
- Click on ‘Continue.’
- Then click on ‘Next.’
- Now select ‘Repair.’
- QuickBooks Desktop crashes when emailing or mailing invoices’.
- Again click on ‘Next.’
- The repair process will start.
Tip: Do not run any other program while the repair is going on.
- Once the repair work is done, click on ‘Finish.’
- You now need to restart your PC.
Insight: This will allow your computer to adjust to the new changes.
For U.S. users only:
Once the repair work has got finished, please download the following when you open QuickBooks:
- The latest version of QuickBooks Release, and of Payroll tax table.
Let’s Repair Errors:
Sometimes during the repair, an error message such as ‘File in use’ gets flashed on your computer screen. Tackle these errors in the following ways:
- Click on ‘Ignore’ and then on ‘OK.’
- Sometimes the error reappears several times. Click on ‘Ignore’ each time until the repair starts.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW with our experts.
Scope of Service:
Fixing any technical error becomes easy when you get support from experts.
- We are available in your service 24/7.
- For any issues, call QuickBooks 24/7 Toll-free number.