QuickBooks Pending Invoices
Marking invoices to a pending state is a way to continue completing the invoices at a later point of time. This article is all about ‘Pending invoices’ in QuickBooks. Without wasting any more time let us dig into the subject!
Reasons to create a Pending Invoice:
Marking invoices or memos or sales receipt as pending on QuickBooks is a very handy feature.
- It allows you a breathing time between a draft invoice and the final invoice.
- It allows the customer to deal with any kind of delays too.
- The pending invoice doesn’t get’s calculated it any transactions until you mark them active again. Therefore it gives your business a lot of flexibility in transactions.
How to find the ‘Pending Invoices’ on QuickBooks:
In this section of the article we will look at the steps of looking for the ‘Pending Invoices’ on QuickBooks. Please follow these instructions to do so:
- Open QuickBooks on your computer.
- Look for the option that says- ‘Reports.’ (You can find it on the top menu bar of QuickBooks window.)
- Now click on ‘Sales’ option.
- You will now see a drop down list after clicking on ‘Sales.’ Please choose ‘Pending Sales’ option from the list.
Tip: If you can’t find the desired ‘Pending Invoice’ then please make sure that you have set the right date period during when your desired pending invoice was created.
- If you still can’t find your desired Pending Invoice, then you can try to select the option that says- ‘All’ in order to see all the pending invoices that are on your QuickBooks account.
How to Finalize a Pending Invoice on QuickBooks:
Now that you have located the pending invoice and you wish to finalize to complete the transaction, then you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Locate the Pending Invoice in QuickBooks with the help of above method.
- Now double click on your desired pending Invoice. This will open the Pending Invoice.
- Now you need to click on the option that says- ‘Edit.’ You can find it on the top menu bar of the QuickBooks window.
- Mark the pending invoice as ‘Final.’
- Then ‘Record’ the invoice in your QuickBooks data.
- Save the changes after marking the pending invoice as ‘Final.’
Please Note: You can follow the same steps to mark invoices, sales receipt and credit memos as Final from their respective ‘Pending’ status. Simply choose the option that says- ‘Mark invoices/ Sales receipt/ credit memos’ (depending on what type of invoice you are dealing with), and mark it as ‘Final.’
Scope of Service:
We hope we have provided you a comprehensive insight on looking for any pending invoices in your QuickBooks account. If you are still facing any doubts or are in a need of further support, please feel free to contact our team of experts. We are happy to assist you with any technical issue.
For any issues, call QuickBooks Toll-free number +1-800-993-4190.