Resolve Registration Error Swiftly
QuickBooks is a comprehensive accounting software solution developed with exceptional features such as bookkeeping, invoicing, etc integrated which makes the life of the businessmen easier. Though it is user-friendly software under certain circumstances it can also malfunction. QuickBooks Registration File Error The user can come across errors such as “Error: QuickBooks has a problem in reading this registration file”. In such a situation, the users can try and resolve the error by connecting with QuickBooks for assistance.
Causes of QuickBooks Registration File Error
This error generally occurs due to the reason that QuickBooks might have some damage in the MSXML component of Windows. The other reason is:
- Problems with the User Account Control.
- The antivirus in the system is running while the QuickBooks software is being installed or updated.
- Corrupt QuickBooks installation files.
Resolutions for QuickBooks Registration File Error
Here are a few steps the user should follow to rectify this error.
Step 1: Turn on or Turn Off the User Account Control setting
For Windows 10, 8, 8.1, and 7:
- Press the Windows icon along with the E key on the keyboard.
- Now the Computer window will open on the scree.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open the drop-down menu and click on view option.
- Select the Large icon option.
- Now Click on the User Accounts.
- Now select the Change User Account Setting option displayed on your system.
- Move the slider:
- Select the option Never Notify to turn UAC OFF.
- Click on the OK option on the screen.
- Now you will have to set the option Always Notify to turn UAC ON.
- Once the process is complete, click on OK.
- Restart the system.
Step 2: Fix the MSXML component
- On your desktop download and save the msxml.msi file
- Now press the Windows key+R key on the keyboard.
- The Run window will get displayed.
- Now type the exe/fvaum“%userprofile%\Desktop\msxml.msi”.
- Click on OK opetion now.
- Now the user will have to create the dat file.
- Register the MSXML DLL file now:
For Windows 10,8 and 8.1:
- Press the Windows key option.
- Type the cmd command.
- Now the Command prompt window will open. Right click on it and select Run as the Administrator.
- Then type regsvr32 MSXML3.dllon the screen.
- Press the Enter key.
- On receiving themessage “DllRegisterServer in msxml3.dll succeeded”, click on OK option on the dialog box.
- Now typeregsvr32 MSXML4.dll and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Afterreceiving the “DllRegisterServer in msxml4.dll succeeded” message which will be displayed on the screen, click on OK. (Just in case MSXML4.dll don’t register, you might have to turn off the User Account Control. And after executing this process, don’t forget to turn it on).
- Now typeregsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- When you receivethe message “DllRegisterServer in msxml4.dll succeeded”, click on OK option.
- Nowrestart your QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 3: Reinstall the program using the clean install
- Reinstall the software with a clean install.
How to Reach us?
The above three methods have been verified by Intuit’s certified QuickBooks experts. But there is a certain instance where the user may encounter some error or have some query while working on the software.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems