QuickBooks Error 6190, 816
QuickBooks business management software is a breakthrough of all the other accounting software in the market. The software comprises of advanced features and tools that result in seamless business management. Not only the software helps to accelerate the business but also encounters problems that put the user in complex situations.
QuickBooks problems can be technical or functional. QuickBooks error code 6190, 816 is one such error reported by QuickBooks users. This error can be categorized as a technical error. Resolving the error in the initial stage is very essential. So you must contact QuickBooks Technical .
QuickBooks error code -6190, 816 crops up with an error message: “QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer.” This signifies that that the user is restricted to use the QuickBooks company file.
Error Number: Error 6190 816
Error Name: QuickBooks Error 6190 816
Error Description: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Sign and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816
- Your system crashes with Error 6190 816.
- “Error 6190 816” appears on the screen and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC freezes periodically.
- Windows run slowly and respond late to the inputs.
Reasons Behind The Quickbooks Error 6190, 816
There are multiple reasons for QuickBooks error 6190, 816 to occur. You need to identify the actual reason for the occurrence of the error.
- TLG file (Transaction Log File) is not associated with the company file. TLG file comprises all the transactions performed by the business and is saved automatically by the QuickBooks software. The file is named according to the file format: [Name of the company file].qbw.tlg file. The user is authorized to convert the file into a company data file only (.qbw file). Therefore QB error 6190, 816 happens with .qbw extension transaction log file (.qbw.tlg file).
- Improper or incomplete installation of the product/software update released by Intuit might be a strong reason for the occurrence of this error. Sometimes the company file is updated on one system without updating the transaction log file that results in QuickBooks error 6190, 816
- QuickBooks is used by one more user in the single-user mode that restricts to access the company file.
- The company or data file has gone corrupted.
Out of the above reasons you need to know the actual reason for the occurrence of the error. For fixing this error you have to garner technical support from QuickBooks customer care team. They are prompt in identifying the exact error for the data corruption in the software.
Manual Resolution of QuickBooks Error -6190, 816
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 manually is possible through following the methods listed below: method illustrated below. Prior to the manual method ensure that you have updated the QuickBooks software with the latest release and version.
The simple and feasible way to fix the error is through the QuickBooks File Doctor tool:
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the tool.
- Then install it in the system where QuickBooks software is hosted.
- Once installation is complete run the tool. Ensure that you are logged in Administrator to perform resolution.
- You will be seeing two options displayed on the system:
- Network Connectivity Only
- Both File Damage and Network Connectivity.
Click on option (a) and the error code is fixed. It also finds out data and file corruption.
- Enter the password when the tool prompts. Use the admin password to follow this process.
- You will be asked – Whether the company files is hosted on Workstation or Server. In case hosted on Server click ‘Yes’ else choose labeled ‘No’.
- Select Proceed to view results on the system regarding the QuickBooks error code 6190, 816.
In case the error persists you need to contact QuickBooks . The support can be reached through their toll-free phone number, email, or live chat.
Also you can get in touch with other QuickBooks support agencies. Businessaccountings.com if one of the reliable support agencies that employs a qualified and capable team with in-depth product knowledge. They are flawless in according error resolution services. They are adept in handling all sorts of QuickBooks technical issues in stipulated time period. Connect through our Toll Free – + contact and garner excellent error resolution services.