QuickBooks Error 6190, 816
QuickBooks business management software is a breakthrough of all the other accounting software in the market. The software comprises advanced features and tools that result in seamless business management. Not only the software helps to accelerate the business but also encounters problems that put the user in complex situations.
QuickBooks error code -6190, 816 crops up with an error message: “QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer.” This signifies that the user is restricted to use the QuickBooks company file.
Error Number: Error 6190 816
Error Name: QuickBooks Error 6190 816
Error Description: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
What Is QuickBooks Error 6190 816?
QuickBooks Error 6190 816 happens when multiple users attempt to open the company file in a single-user environment. This error indicates that the company file is not accessible. Because of this error, a message showed on your system screen stating “QuickBooks was not able to open the file [path] on the host system.”
This error could be due to the data variations over some other network. It can be due to corrupted or damaged company files, or congestion of users at the same time on QuickBooks data. A broken connection with the server can also cause QuickBooks error 6190 816.
Sign and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816
- Your system crashes with Error 6190 816.
- “Error 6190 816” appears on the screen and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC freezes periodically.
- During this error, your system usually freezes for a couple of minutes or seconds again and again.
- At this time, the user is not able to access the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816 happens and crashes all the active programs.
- QuickBooks error 6190 816 shows up on the system screen.
- Windows runs in an ungainly way and responds very slowly to users’ input commands.
Reasons Behind The Quickbooks Error 6190, 816
There are multiple reasons for QuickBooks errors 6190, 816 to occur. You need to identify the actual reason for the occurrence of the error.
- TLG file (Transaction Log File) is not associated with the company file. TLG file comprises all the transactions performed by the business and is saved automatically by the QuickBooks software. The file is named according to the file format: [Name of the company file].qbw.tlg file. The user is authorized to convert the file into a company data file only (.qbw file). Therefore QB error 6190, 816 happens with .qbw extension transaction log file (.qbw.tlg file).
- Improper or incomplete installation of the product/software update released by Intuit might be a strong reason for the occurrence of this error. Sometimes the company file is updated on one system without updating the transaction log file that results in QuickBooks error 6190, 816
- QuickBooks is used by one more user in the single-user mode that restricts to access the company file.
- The company or data file has gone corrupted.
- The presence of a virus, bugs or malware infection that has corrupted or damaged Windows system files or QuickBooks-related program files.
- Due to transaction log file (.TLG) file and the QuickBooks company file (.QBW) fails to match and this error occurs.
- If the QuickBooks company file is updated without updating the transaction log file (.TLG).
- This error also occurs when any other program maliciously or badly removed QuickBooks related files.
- When the QuickBooks software installation process is left incomplete or when the download becomes corrupt or damaged.
- Due to corruption in Windows Registry from a recent QuickBooks-related software change (install or uninstall).
Out of the above reasons you need to know the actual reason for the occurrence of the error. For fixing this error you have to garner technical support from the QuickBooks customer care team. They are prompt in identifying the exact error for the data corruption in the software.
Manual Resolution of QuickBooks Error -6190, 816
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 manually is possible through following the methods listed below: method illustrated below. Before the manual method ensure that you have updated the QuickBooks software with the latest release and version.
The simple and feasible way to fix the error is through the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the tool.
- Then install it in the system where QuickBooks software is hosted.
- Once installation is complete run the tool. Ensure that you are logged in Administrator to perform resolution.
- You will be seeing two options displayed on the system:
- Network Connectivity Only
- Both File Damage and Network Connectivity.
Click on option (a) and the error code is fixed. It also finds out data and file corruption.
- Enter the password when the tool prompts. Use the admin password to follow this process.
- You will be asked – Whether the company files is hosted on Workstation or Server. In case hosted on Server click ‘Yes’ else choose labeled ‘No’.
- Select Proceed to view results on the system regarding the QuickBooks error code 6190, 816.
Other Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 6190 816
Solution 1: Run The QuickBooks File Doctor
- First of all, you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the official website.
- Then, successfully save the .exe file on your Desktop.
- Now, double-click on the .exe file to access it on your system and simply install it.
- Don’t forget that, if you want to get used to the tool, you have to log in to your system as an Administrator.
- After that, you will see 2 choices being shown on your system screen: first is File damage and network connectivity and the second is Network connectivity only.
- Here, click on the Both file damage and network connectivity. This will identify any damage or corrupt files who is related to QuickBooks software.
- Now, you have to type down your administrative password.
- The system will then ask you if the company is on a file workstation or server.
- After that, click on Yes if you are using the QuickBooks company file on your server and No if using from Workstation.
- In the end, click on the proceed button.
QuickBooks file doctor tool will quickly identify and resolve any kind of damaged file or corrupted file that is related to the QuickBooks software. This will be done so that it is able to work suitably next time. This tool also can resolve network errors.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot the Mismatch
- In that case, there is a mismatch within the company file and transaction file, this method is excellent. In this situation, you will need to follow these below-listed steps:
- First of all, you have to open your folder in which the company file is stored.
- Now, see for your transaction folder. Your transaction folder and company folder will have the same name but their extensions will be different. Here, we will have to recognize both the files by their extensions.
- Then, right-click on the company files and select to edit the name but ensure that you do not modify the extension of the file.
- In the same manner, edit the name of the transaction file but do not change its extension.
- Finally, close the QuickBooks and then open it once again.
Now, review if QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816 are still occurring.
Solution 3: Check for Single User Mode
- This solution is implemented when many users are trying to run the company file but your software is in a Single User environment.
- Firstly, every user should log out of their QuickBooks software accounts.
- Then, restart all the systems that are on the network.
- Now, you need to copy the company data file to the desktop screen of your computer.
- After that, transfer it back to its original position.
- Lastly, log-in to your QuickBooks account.
Solution 4: Make Use of QuickBooks Refresher
The QBRefresher tool is available from the official website of Intuit for download. This is an amazing tool and it runs through stopping all the background processes from starting to the error. Program files are also refreshed by the QBRefresher tool.
- First of all, you need to download QBRefresher and save it on the system or in the download folder.
- Then, simply close QuickBooks software perfectly.
- Now, run the downloaded file.
- Then, the QBRefresher tool will run for approximately 30 sec.
- After operating the tool, you need to open QuickBooks software.
- In the end, check if QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816 is still occurring or not.
Solution 5: Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager on Server System
If it is the situation that a user is hosting their own network, then multi-user mode network issues can be solved by just installing QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server system.
Follow the below-listed steps:-
- Firstly, you need to download QBDSM on the server system and then simply install it.
- After that you have successfully installed QBDBSM, you need to go to the Start menu bar.
- Now, in the search area, you have to type the name: QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Then, open it.
- In this step, you need to update this database management tool to the latest version.
- Now, restart the server after the update process has completed properly.
- In the end, you need to open QuickBooks Desktop on all of the workstations and server systems.
NOTE: Keep in mind that if the QBDBSM is installed on the workspace, the workstation should not be set to host multiple users’ networks.
How to Reach us?
Get Experts Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Also, you can get in touch with other QuickBooks errors support agencies. Businessaccountings.com is one of the reliable support agencies that employ a qualified and capable team with in-depth product knowledge. They are flawless in according error resolution services. They are adept in handling all sorts of QuickBooks technical issues in the stipulated time period.