QuickBooks Payroll Error 557 can take place when a regular user tries to download payroll updates after Upgrading QuickBooks Desktop to a new version. Streamlining the employee’s payment can be one of the most daunting tasks in a business. QuickBooks payroll subscription service can help you to make payments with absolute ease. To keep pace with the evolving technologies, and fulfill the ever-increasing user demand, QuickBooks looks for new updates periodically. While downloading a payroll update, you may receive various technical issues. This article discloses all the possible reasons behind the error along with their troubleshooting steps to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 557.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 557?
It is a common error that usually occurs and it displays an error message stating that “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be closed”. It can occur to Windows 7, 8, XP, Vista. This kind of error usually occurs due to the wrong syntax or commands which can occur because of low quota within the disk or lack of area. Some errors are designed associated with payroll and QuickBooks error code 557 is one of them.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error 557
If an error occurs in QuickBooks, it produces an error message on the computer, “Error 557: QuickBooks has encountered an issue and needs to close. We are sorry for such an inconvenience.” If not resolved, now and then on your screen you will see the error message pop up.” Often you may experience a decrease in the speed of the internet connection, but it is not always the case. Your machine begins to work sluggishly when this QuickBooks error code arrives.
Possible reasons that trigger QuickBooks Payroll Error 557
Error 557 of QuickBooks can appear on your screen for the following reasons when upgrading/updating the payroll service in the software:
- The error 557 in QuickBooks may be triggered by an incomplete or corrupt upgrade/update of the QuickBooks application (Complete Instructions to Update QuickBooks).
- Another explanation for the payroll upgrade error in the software could be the corrupt installation of QuickBooks.
- If an incorrect shutdown triggers a Windows crash, error code 557 can be enabled.
- Windows Device File Virus Malicious Attack.
- It may be the defective configuration of the error-promoting QuickBooks.
- Accidentally deletion of the necessary files from the directory.
3 Troubleshooting steps to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 557
Below are some of the fast and effective troubleshooting methods to fix this payroll error code without much technical distress. Perform the below-given solutions to get rid of this error.
Important note: Make sure you have an active payroll subscription to QuickBooks and revised payroll tax tables. To avoid data disaster, you should have to create a data backup before beginning with the troubleshooting procedures. Update QuickBooks to the new maintenance version to prevent any problems after the Windows resolution.
Method 1: Use System Restore in Windows
The Windows System Restore tool is a very common but powerful way for Windows to fix major problems. This troubleshooting technique will help if QuickBooks error 557 is caused due to an anomalous Windows process.
- Initially, login into the system using your Administrator User ID and password
- Next, press the Windows Start button then go to Accessories >>> System Tools >>> System Restore
- Pick the restore point where you created earlier or you can choose one from automatically created restore points (the most recent one)
- Now, click Next and then wait for the System Restore
- Once the System restoring finish then you need to restart your system
- At last, after successfully accomplished the restore process then restart your QB software.
Method 2 Run a complete Malware Scan on your PC
In the eradication of this error, running a malware scan on your device will help. Many types of malware can cause severe Windows problems, so it’s vital to thoroughly search your device for malware or viruses. Often, tidy up your junk scheme (temporary files and cache data). To prevent this QuickBooks error, undo or reverse a recent update to the Windows system.
Method 3: Try this solution if the above doesn’t resolve the error
- In the beginning, launch your system and go to the search box then type a command
- Next, Hold and press simultaneously Ctrl + Shift keys and press Enter from your keyboard
- It will take you to the Permission Panel and then click Yes
- Now, you can see a recording machine open with a blinking cursor
- After that, you need to type “Regedit” and then hit the Enter key
- Next, you have to select error 557 related key within the written record editor
- Once done with that, go to the File menu and select Export
- Pick the folder in which you want to stop wasting the QuickBooks backup key in the Save In List dialogue
- In the File Box name, type a name for your computer file, such as QuickBooks backup
- Make sure the ‘Listed branch‘ option is selected in the Export range box and then press Save
- The file is saved with the file extension .reg
- You will now have your QuickBooks-related written record entry backup.
Still seeking QuickBooks Professionals for error resolution!
All the above steps are very easy and effective that help you to easily resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 557. In case, if you have any doubts or issues then do connect with the QuickBooks team of experts via email at [email protected] or 24*7 Live Chat. The qualified QuickBooks technicians help you with the best solutions required in a given instance of a QuickBooks-related error.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Infographics To Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 557