QuickBooks Error 80029C4A one of the most common errors in QuickBooks desktop. It happens when the user accidentally installs a corrupted version of the software. It also may happen when vital data for the working of the software gets deleted by chance. In these circumstances, the error message 80029C4A appears on the screen as users try to run the software. Initially, it appears sometimes. But with passing time the frequency of the error message appearance increases. Finally, every time you try to run QuickBooks you encounter this error. Yet the user may think that the error will go away with time, or that the user will get accustomed to it appearing every time.
- When you actually feel annoyed with Error 80029C4A
- What are the Reasons for the Causes of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
- Infographics to Resolve The QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
When you actually feel annoyed with Error 80029C4A
The case gets complicated when the system is also affected due to this error. When this happens the system starts to get slow. It also impacts the response of the input devices like mice and keyboards. Finally, the machine also may get unresponsive and hangs at times. All these are too much to take, and when the user finally feels baffled. If you could spot when exactly the error started appearing, this may bring you a much easier solution to the problem.
Various error messages Display on the screen
Are you not able to open the company file in your QuickBooks account?
Are you facing the same problem with the error code 80029c4a message on the screen?
Is your company file damaged or corrupted?
Facing an error in loading the library or .dll file in QuickBooks Desktop?
Various error messages can display differently to different users with the same error code. Here is the solution that you have to implement to fix the problem depending on the reason for the cause. Many reasons, symptoms, and signs are also mentioned so that it is easy for you to acknowledge the cause and then implement the solution accordingly.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Many different signs and symptoms to know about the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a in your system. These things help you to get to know about the error before it arrives. Go through the signs and match that all the symptoms are the same in your system or not. The symptoms and signs are as follows:-
- The system got frozen several times while working
- The Company File is missing
- The error message appears on the screen directly
- Windows Operating System is not working properly
- The software program got crashed within the active window
- Due to this error, your system got collapsed
- Input that you give in a system using the mouse and keyboard entered very slowly.
Need Experts Help: To Fix QuickBooks Error 80029C4A Chat Now
What are the Reasons for the Causes of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
The list of reasons is here so that you can identify the reason because of that the error caused to you. The different reasons are as follows:-
- Installation of QuickBooks software is incomplete so it causes you a problem while installing it in your system
- Windows Registry is corrupted
- The antivirus is blocking the software because it marks it as infected
- The company file is not locating or is damaged
- The components of QuickBooks are not working properly.
- Infection from some virus or malware
- Deletion of files that are important for the working and running of QuickBooks pro.
Whatever the cause is, the error can be troubleshooting which is good news.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 80029C4A?
If you want to troubleshoot the error 80029C4A, then you will have to make sure that you dedicate a huge amount of time to this. Because this is time-consuming and would demand some good effort from your side. Here are the steps you need to perform:
- Repair the registry for the entries that are associated with the error 80029C4A.
- You need to scan the PC next for malware. Do a total scan.
- Clean up your system. This needs cleaning of all temporary files and folders and junk. Also, run disk cleanup to be sure.
- Run update for all the device drivers on the PC
- Perform a Windows System Restore. If there are any recent system changes then undo them.
- Uninstall all programs which are associated with error 80029C4A, and then reinstall them.
- Next, run the system file checker of windows OS.
- Now you need to see if any Windows updates are pending and install them. Make your system updated.
- If in spite of all the above steps the error still returns, then you will have to run an OS reinstallation, and then install QuickBooks once again.
Another Solutions Steps for QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
There are solutions that you have to follow to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a. You have to follow the steps one by one in details by performing the solution according to the reason of the cause. The solutions are as follows:-
First Solution is to Configure the Settings of Antivirus
Sometimes the QuickBooks is blocked to load the files by antivirus. So, you have to change the settings of antivirus so it allows QuickBooks to load or repair their files. Also, check the program list area that has the lists of files that are blocked. If you get the list of programs then give them permission so that antivirus won’t block it again. The list of files is as follows that you get in the block list:-
The Second Solution is to Clean Install the QuickBooks Desktop
When your problem is not resolved by configuring the antivirus then you have to definitely perform the second step. In case, you are facing issues because of installation then you have to directly do this solution in your system. The steps for clean installation are as follows:-
- Firstly, collect all the information about your product
- Keep the license or product key with you and also the version of the software
- Download the installer for the QuickBooks according to its version.
- Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Control Panel
- Then click on the Programs and Features
- Again, select the same option with the same name Programs and Features
- From the list of programs
- Search for the QuickBooks Desktop
- Right-click on it then click on the Uninstall or Change option displayed to you
- Select the Remove option
- Click on the Next button and it uninstalls your program successfully.
- After the uninstallation, you have to install the software again
- Check the system requirements that must fulfill by you before installing the software again on the computer
- Go to the downloaded installation file with .exe extension
- Double-click on the file to start the installation that opens up the installation wizard on your screen
- Then follow the instructions shown to you for the installation
- Enter the license number or product key when asked to you and then click on the Next button
- Now select the Custom installation that is recommended
- Continue with the instructions and click on the Next button
- After completing the installation, open the QuickBooks software
- Activate your QuickBooks desktop version
- Go to the Help menu option on the QuickBooks desktop
- Select the option Activate QuickBooks desktop
- Follow the instructions to activate your version of QuickBooks.
Get Help for: QuickBooks Error 80029c4a – Error Loading Type Library Dll Chat Now
The Third Solution is to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop and then rename all the folders manually
You have to do this if the above 2 solutions have not resolved the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a on your desktop. For this, the steps are as follows:-
- Firstly, uninstall the QuickBooks software
- Now display all the hidden files
- Open the File Explorer then locate the location of QuickBooks company files
- The location can be one of them:-
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year or version of QuickBooks)
- C:\Users\(current user name)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year or version of QuickBooks)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year or version of QuickBooks)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year or version of QuickBooks)
- You get the files and now it’s time to rename the folder
- Right-click on each file and then add the old at the end of the folder name
- After doing this, again install the QuickBooks Desktop version.
Most of the Windows OS versions are affected by the error 80029C4A of QuickBooks Pro. Windows XP, 2000, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 and ME, all have had this error sometimes.
Infographics to Resolve The QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
The solution is here that helps you to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a. You have to follow the whole process of the solution according to the reason and then you are done with it. In case, if you have any other query or any other or same issue arrives then you can reach the QuickBooks expert helpdesk team who is here to assist you whenever required. You can connect with them 24/7 hours via email or live chat process. The members of the team are experts in resolving all kinds of QuickBooks glitches as they are trained in it.
Q: What if it shows that the .dll file is missing in the installation then what does it means?
Ans: The .dll file is important as it is part of the installation of QuickBooks. DLL file is a Dynamic Link Library file that works as the component of QuickBooks Desktop. So, you have to install the software again as it shows you the error.
Q: How can I end the processes of QuickBooks to stop background processes?
Ans: You have to open the Task Manager and then end the tasks that are related to QuickBooks. The steps to solve the issue are as follows:-
- Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys
- Then you get a screen with a different option, select the Task manager
- Then a window of Task Manager opens up
- In the Processes tab, select the processes related to QuickBooks one by one
- Then click on the End Task button that ends the processes running in the background.
Q: Can I also perform the QuickBooks repair instead of uninstalling and reinstall it again?
Ans: Yes, you can do the repair process of your QuickBooks desktop. But after doing the process of repair if the problem still persists then you have to do the reinstallation process of QuickBooks.
For the repair process, the steps are:-
- Open the Control Panel
- Then click on the Programs and Features and get the list of programs
- Select the QuickBooks program
- Right-click on it and click on Uninstall/Change option
- Click on the Next button when the QuickBooks installation window opens up
- You have to select the Repair option
- Again, click on the Next button
- In the end, click on the Finish button.