Like other accounting software, QuickBooks Desktop also prone to certain errors and that can’t be ignored. There is a huge list of technical bugs that are faced by QB users and PDF & Print problems are among them. It is the usual errors encountered due to plenty of reasons that you’ll come to know in the below article. A Tool called Print and PDF Repair tool can easily fix the error. This tool is introduced by QuickBooks developer Intuit, to help you in rectifying issues related to PDFs, invoices, etc. Sometimes, the error may be a bit tricky to resolve, don’t worry! We will explore the detailed instructions steps to troubleshoot PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks Desktop.
Sorry! We couldn’t save your form as a PDF file.
The action you take:
Try saving the form again.
Close all other open programs, and then save the form again.
Note: If the form doesn’t display correctly in Print Preview, this could indicate a printing problem.
If you’re still having problems, run the PDF Print & Repair Tool.
Causes behind the occurrence of the PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks Desktop
Plenty of factors are responsible for the occurrence of the errors. A few of them are jotted down:
- Missing some part of the PDF record
- Your current QuickBooks Desktop is not updated
- PDF converter might be discontinued
- Print Driver is no more in working
- No connection is made between the printer and the framework
- The Print programming is not adequately introduced.
Solution Steps to troubleshoot PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks Desktop
There is more than one method available and can be performed after identifying the actual causes. So, it is pretty important to know the possible reasons for the error before you proceed with any methods:
Read Also: QuickBooks unable to locate pdf viewer Chat Now
Method #1: Run QB Print & Print Repair Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
It is one of the best solutions to rectify the PDF and Print issues. This method mainly involves two steps:
Step #1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
It helps you to fix common issues and to get a better experience, it is suggested you use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Initially, Close your QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, suggest you download the most recent version of the QB Tool Hub
- Save the file somewhere you can easily find it
- Now, open the downloaded file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Perform the instructions that appear in the installation wizards
- Along with that, agree to the terms and conditions which are prompted
- Once the installation is completed then make double-click on the icon to open the Tool Hub.
Step #2: Run the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool from the Tool Hub
- Go to the Program Problems in the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Choose the option named “QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool”
- It takes a minute to run
- Finally, try to print, email, or save the file as a PDF from QB Desktop once again.
If this method does not fix the issues then you can try another method discussed below.
Method #2: Reset the temp file/folder permissions
This method also involves two steps:
Step #1: Reset the temp file or folder permissions
Before you implement the below steps try to reboot your PC and then attempt to print or email. If it still fails then try to reset the temp folder permissions. Verify the permissions of the QuickBooks folder to the Temp folder by applying the listed steps:
- In the beginning, open the Run command or simply press the keys Windows + R from your keyboard
- Type %TEMP% and then press Enter
- Choose the Properties option by right-clicking on an empty area of the temp folder
- Go to the Security tab
- Now, confirm that all the usernames and groups visible on the Security tab which have complete access or Full Control
- When you’re done with the permissions settings to Full Control then try to save the file as a PDF once again within QuickBooks Desktop.
Read Also: QuickBooks Printer Library Error Solution Chat Now
Step #2: Verify that you can print to your XPS (Only for Save as PDF and Email issues)
Verify that you’re able to print your file to your XPS Document Writer. To save as a PDF folder, QuickBooks uses parts of the XPS Document Writer
- Open your Notepad
- Type Test and then select File >> Print
- Choose the XPS Document Writer >> Print
- Type the filename and save it to your Desktop so that you can easily able to find
- At last, go to the Desktop and see the XPS document that you printed from your Notepad.
So with this, the article ends and it is hoped that you find it useful for rectifying problems. The above-discussed methods are the easiest and quickest ways to resolve troubleshoot PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks Desktop. All the above methods are suggested by QuickBooks Experts to make it easy to handle such issues.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW with our experts.
What is the PDF Repair Tool in QuickBooks and how does it help in fixing technical bugs?
Ans: It is a tool designed to fix issues in Microsoft components that are encountered when you’re trying to print or while using the Print features of QuickBooks. This Tool behaves like a diagnostic for both PDF Repair Tool and Printer Repair Tool. Moreover, it can fix the issues related to Microsoft components.
What system requirements do I need to download QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool?
Ans: Follow the below-given steps:
1. Internet Connectivity is required to download this tool
2. Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher is recommended
3. Processor: 266 MHz or even faster system processor
4. Memory: 1GB of RAM, 512MB free space hard disk
5. Operating System: Windows for all versions is supported
What are the issues resolved using QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool?
Ans: QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool helps you to fix QB unrecoverable errors, PDF converter showing Offline, unable to save as .pdf file, error code 30, 41, or 20, printer yielding empty or blank prints, and many others.