The QuickBooks Desktop errors mostly occur due to improper setup of the application on your window operating system. However, error code 61 usually occurs when windows framework or registry has some issues. QuickBooks Error 61 can also appear at any steps of the operations such as while updating, repairing, installing the app and while sending or receiving data from QuickBooks.
QuickBooks error code 61 can also affect other software such as Microsoft Office and Mac applications when your system hardware is broken down for any reason. In this blog, we will guide you with the best solutions along with its various reasons behind this error.
The main root causes of QuickBooks Error 61
There are various factors due to which QuickBooks throws an error 61 while operating this software. Just give a look to below points to know the possible reasons:
- Maybe an invalid section has been left while window registry by an uninstalled program or application.
- Sometime, an error may occur when the framework has been shut down because of a power cut or sue to some other reason
- The problem in framework activity.
- Your PC may be infected with a virus or some other malware
- Maybe the framework activity or application segment has failed to run.
- If any essential framework or registry passage is missing.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 61
You can easily resolve error code 61 with the following different solutions listed below.
Here are some important steps to consider before Troubleshooting Error 61
- Make sure you have already updated the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Install and scan your PC for any infections mistreatment an antivirus
- To repair your Windows registry problem, you need to install a register cleaner application.
- Select utilities in the file and then click on Rebuild Data
- Once you get backup company file message then click Ok
- If the messages ‘QuickBooks is not responding’ then you have to wait for some time, the message will appear soon.
- Once you received the message “Rebuild has completed” then Click Ok.
Troubleshooting step: Restore QuickBooks company file
Before performing these steps you need to create a backup of your QuickBooks company file to fix the error.
- Go to the File tab, click open and then Restore company
- Open a company file on the same then click next
- Locate the backup company file on your laptop and click on Open
- Then follow the on-screen directions
- Take note of the knowledge on Update Company File for brand spanking new Version
- Click Update Now and then follow the on-screen directions for taking the backup
- Now click ‘yes’ and once the file are updated, save the computer file at a secure location.
How to contact us?
Using the above-mentioned solutions, you will surely be able to fix the QuickBooks Error 61. In case, you are still facing the same issue or getting the same error, you can get in touch with our highly experienced QuickBooks Pro advisors via customer Support toll-free +1-800-(993)-4190. Also, you can get in touch by sending an Email at email@example.com or do a live chat.