The QuickBooks Desktop errors mostly occur due to improper setup of the application on your window operating system. However, error code 61 usually occurs when the framework or registry of the windows has some issues. QuickBooks Error 61 can also appear at any steps of the operations such as while updating, repairing, installing the app, and while sending or receiving data from QuickBooks.
QuickBooks error code 61 can also affect other software such as Microsoft Office and Mac applications when your system hardware is broken down for any reason. In this blog, we will guide you with the best solutions along with its various reasons behind this error.
The main root causes of QuickBooks Error 61
There are various factors due to which QuickBooks throws an error 61 while operating this software. Just give a look at the below points to know the possible reasons:
- Maybe an invalid section has been left while window registry by an uninstalled program or application.
- Sometime, an error may occur when the framework has been shut down because of a power cut or sue to some other reason
- The problem in framework activity.
- Your PC may be infected with a virus or some other malware
- Maybe the framework activity or application segment has failed to run.
- If any essential framework or registry passage is missing.
Here are three important steps to consider before Troubleshooting Error 61
- Make sure you have already updated the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Install and scan your PC for any infections mistreatment an antivirus
- To repair your Windows registry problem, you need to install a register cleaner application.
Five Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 61
You can easily resolve error code 61 with the following different solutions listed below.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Rebuild Data
- Select utilities in the file and then click on Rebuild Data
- Once you get back up company file message then click Ok
- If the messages ‘QuickBooks is not responding’ then you have to wait for some time, the message will appear soon.
- Once you received the message “Rebuild has completed” then Click Ok.
Solution 2: Restore QuickBooks company file
Before performing these steps you need to create a backup of your QuickBooks company file to fix the error.
- Go to the File tab, click open, and then Restore company
- Open a company file on the same then click next
- Locate the backup company file on your laptop and click on Open
- Then follow the on-screen directions
- Take note of the knowledge on Update Company File for brand spanking new Version
- Click Update Now and then follow the on-screen directions for taking the backup
- Now click ‘yes’ and once the file is updated, save the computer file at a secure location.
Solution 3: Update Company File for New Version
- Launch the newest version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Attend the File menu and click on on “Open or Restore Company”
- Choose the choice “Open a corporation file” and click on Next
- Now, look for your file and click on Open
- Follow the prompted instructions if the “Move Company File” window appears
- Note-down the knowledge shown within the “Update Company File for brand spanking new Version” section
- Tap on “Update Now” and follow the instructions
- When a message “You are close to open a corporation file employing a newer version of QuickBooks… does one want to continue?” appears, then click Yes
- Now, copy the backup you created and look for .qbw files
- Once you discover the file, check on the Payroll service and choose the Account Info/Process
Solution 4: Download Reimage Repair Tool
- Download A Reimage Repair Tool
- Click Yes to start out the installation process
- Reimage utility will clean your PC to work out the condition of the system and its programs
- Reimage will show the damages and recommended repairs after cleaning
- Click on Start Repair
- Restart your computer then open your QuickBooks to see whether the error gets resolved
Solution 5: Fix the QuickBooks Error Manually
- Start with clicking on the File menu then click on Rebuild Data under the Utility option
- After that, click on the Verify data option under the Utility option
- Check if the message ‘QuickBooks isn’t responding’ pops up
- If the message pops up, click on OK then restart the device
How to contact us?
Using the above-mentioned solutions, you will surely be able to fix the QuickBooks Error 61. In case, you are still facing the same issue or getting the same error, you can get in touch with our highly experienced QuickBooks Pro advisors via customer Support. Also, you can get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com or do a live chat.