Quick fix QuickBooks error code 6000
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 occurs due to corrupted company files. It is usually found when users open the company file or try to host the file on a particular server/system. In this blog, you get the relevant solutions to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000; you only need to follow the mentioned steps/solutions dedicatedly.
Most possible causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6000:
There can be multiple causes of this error. The major ones are given below:
- Corrupted .TLG file
- The non-server system is hosting company data file
- Damaged QuickBooks installation process
- Connection blockage with firewall
- Incorrect network configuration
- Login of Multiple users in an identical company file
- Sometimes this error occurs on the attempt of backup file restore
- The company file is damaged due to any reason.
Symptoms highlights of QuickBooks error 6000:
- This error is generally found with an error message
- When the system crashes and freezes repeatedly
- When windows respond slowly to input devices like keyboard and mouse.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000:
To resolve the QuickBooks error code-6000, users are required to analyze some conditions and instructions that are jotted down without panic:
Troubleshooting solutions are as follows:-
- Restart the client system
Restarting the system bring your computer into the scratch stage of the software.
- Verify the software is up to date or not:
If it is occurred due to the system up to date issue, it is recommended to execute the QuickBooks file doctor to fix the error.
- Recreate the corrupted folder:
- On the C drive of your system create one new folder to save the company file
- Open the folder containing the contents of the company file
- Discover the .qbw file and right-click on that file and copy it
- Do open the newly created folder and paste the content in it
- Now perform the access permissions associated with windows to share the company files as per requirement
- Open the QuickBooks Company file with the new location
- Check the error is fixed or not.
- Rename configuration files named as .ND and .TLG
These files are configuration files to permit QuickBooks users to provide access to company documents across the network. When you rename such files, the data is not going to be damaged because they are immediately recreated while opening company files from the new folder.
- Discover the files with an identical file name as the company file name with the .ND and .TLG extensions
- Right-click on each file and renames them by adding the word .OLD
- Open the software again and retry to log in to the company file.
- Terminate entire running tasks:
- To start this troubleshooting, the users are required to sign in with the server administrator account
- After signing in the press the three keys i.e. Ctrl+Alt+Delete simultaneously that opens the task manager
- Locate the user’s option
- Highlights the processes such as qbupdate.exe, Q=QBDBMgr.exe, and QBW32.exe
- The final thing is to start opening the company data file with a multi-user mode.
- Firewall /Antivirus set-up:
The error QuickBooks Error 6000 might encounter due to the firewall and Security program. Sometimes, this software blocks some accessibility to some particular files or programs. It is the best decision to perform firewall ports configuration.
Download and install the company data file tool:
- Download and execute the company data file diagnostic tool
- This tool helps to detect damage to data. Meanwhile, if it does not fix it then you have to try two methods that are given below
- Restore the data with the help of Auto Data Recovery software
- After that restore the newly backed up company file content.
How to reach us:
Hopefully, these mentioned above troubleshooting solutions that surely assist you to fix the QuickBooks error 6000; which occurs when you try to access the company data file. If you still find any difficulty, then reach our team as they help you to find quick solutions for technical or functional issues in QuickBooks software. Dial the toll-free QuickBooks technical support number +1800-993-4190 and seek solution over the phone. For instant solution do the QuickBooks live chat Support.