The Java error code 1601 in QuickBooks happens while updating the account or the software. It also shows the error message when the installation is not done properly. Here are more reasons for this error. You can get to know about the cause of why this happens so that you can do the process of resolving it. QuickBooks Java Install Error 1601 Below, you also get to know the solutions for resolving it, and all the information is provided by the team experts. So you can easily fix it on your own.
List of 8 other Reasons that cause the QuickBooks Java Install Error 1601
- MS installer is damaged of your Windows OS
- When the operating system is infected
- You don’t have the permissions
- Some files are missing or not in place
- The downloaded file is corrupted
- The .NET Framework is not working
- Malware or virus attack
- The firewall interrupts the working of the QuickBooks software
Related Post: QuickBooks Error 1603 Installing & Updates Chat Now
Four Solutions to fix QuickBooks Java Install Error 1601
The Best solution to resolve Java install Error 1601: when installing or updating QuickBooks desktop. The solutions steps are as below:
These are the basic troubleshooting steps that you have to follow. So after this, still having issues then choose the other solution and then get it resolved. The troubleshooting steps are as follows:-
- Firstly, open the RUN window
- Then type the command prompt in it and click on the Enter button
- The window of the command prompt opens up
- In this, type the exe/unreg and then enter
- A message box is shown on your screen
- This is the message that asks you for the confirmation
- So, provide the confirmation
- Again, open the RUN window
- Then open the command prompt and type exe/regserver
- Press the enter button to run the command
- Now in the confirmation window, provide the confirmation by clicking on the OK button
- In the end, you can easily download and update the software without any interruption.
Solution 2- If you are facing the Windows Installer issues
- In your system
- Search for the MSC option
- Then in this, click on the Services (Local)
- Do right-click on the Windows installer to open it
- Now open the Properties from the option that is shown to you
- In the Startup-type option check that it is OFF or ON
- Go for the Manual option if it is OFF
- Click on the Service-status and you have to set it as Start for enabling Windows
- Now check the problem is resolved.
Solution 3- Reinstall the QuickBooks by uninstalling it
- Open the Control Panel
- Then click on the Programs
- Now click on the Uninstall a program option
- A list is shown to you from this search of the QuickBooks software
- Select it and then click the uninstall option
- After this, you need to download and then install or again
- Now the issue is resolved.
Related Post: QuickBooks Desktop Installation Error Chat Now
Solution 4- Using the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- This tool is used to resolve all the issues from the system
- Download and install the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Now run the tool in the Administrator mode
- Scan the system using this tool and you get a list of issues that are in your system
- Then click on the option fix it to resolve it
- In the end, the error is resolved.
How to reach us?
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1603 Installing & Updates
QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 121
What is QuickBooks Java Install Error 1601?
QuickBooks is a common error that users usually experience during the installation of the QuickBooks accounting application. This is a Java error and it happens when installation updating is failed. Whenever the error occurs, immediately your screen will pop up with a warning message stating that “Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible”. This error is mainly related to the corruption of the Microsoft Window Installer. However, many other reasons can also be responsible for this error.
Can Re-registering the Windows Installer fix QuickBooks Java Install Error 1601?
This may help you in resolving the error so you can try re-registering the Windows Installer using these steps:
* Click Windows Start menu and then type “cmd”
* A new Command Prompt window appears on your screen
* Next, type “msiexec/unregister” and then hit Enter key
* After that, close the Command Prompt window and log out
* Again restart your system and click “Install the QuickBooks Program”
Am I able to resolve QuickBooks Java Install error 1601 after performing a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop?
Yes, sometimes performing a clean install fixes the error. Let’s see here how:
1. To start with uninstalling the QuickBooks Desktop
2. Next, search and open the folder consisting of the QB company files
3. It is generally a QuickBooks folder and it can be one of the following locations:
*** C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
*** C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
*** C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
*** 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
4. After that, do a right-click on the folder to select the “Rename” option
5. Now, add an OLD extension at the end of the folder name before saving it
6. When you reinstall QuickBooks desktop, it will not attempt to open it
7. Last but not least, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.