QuickBooks Error Code 15243 When Updating QB Desktop or Payroll
QuickBooks is user-friendly accounting software that is used by small and medium industries. It has many enhanced features like merchant services, marketing tools, training solutions, etc which are available both on desktop as well as online. It simplifies your work but there are certain circumstances when a user can encounter some technical errors like QuickBooks update error 15243. These common errors then act as an obstacle and your work is hindered. To rectify this error follow the steps given in this article or contact QuickBooks.
When QuickBooks user encounters this error, their system crashes. It is an installation error and the user will receive this message:
Related Post: QuickBooks Error 15241
Symptoms of QuickBooks update error 15243
- QuickBooks payroll error 15243 message appears on the screen
- Frequently active window crashes
- Windows work slowly
- Keyboard inputs & mouse work sluggishly
- PC freezes frequently after a few periods
Error 15243: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close.
This error code appears in Windows XP/Vista/7/8. You can also classify this QuickBooks Error 15243 as Run time Error because it is caused by multiple factors. It will slow your system and the causes are:
- Corrupt or incomplete download.
- Damage in Windows Registry
- Virus and Malware infection in the workstation.
3 Resolutions for QuickBooks update error 15243
There are many ways to rectify this error. Here are three methods by which a user can rectify this error:
Method I: Repair QuickBooks
- End all QuickBooks application running in your system by opening Task Manager.
- Select all applications which start with .qb, QuickBooks, or Intuit.
- Click on the End Task option to close them.
- Now repair them by following the steps below:
- Press the Windows icon from your keyboard along with the letter E to open Computer Window. Windows 8 users can click on Computer Tab.
- Click on Uninstall or change program option.
- Select the QuickBooks option and click on either the Uninstall/Change option.
- Open the QuickBooks installation window, click on the Next option, and then click on the Repair radio button.
- Select the Finish option.
- Restart your system.
Method II: Edit Internet Explorer options
- Start your computer.
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on the gear icon.
- Select Internet options.
- Click on the Security tab and select the Trusted sites option available there.
- Click on the Site option and add the following websites in the space provided.
- If a user is using the US version of QuickBooks then add *.quickbooks.com and *.intuit.com.
- If a user is using the Canadian version of QuickBooks then add *.quickbooks.ca and *.intuit.ca.
- Select the close option.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Method III: Update Microsoft Security Certificate
Sometimes due to an expired Windows security certificate, these errors occur in the system. To fix them user should run the Windows Update which is available or download an updated certificate from Microsoft.
Related Post: QuickBooks Error 15242
Our support is available 24*7 Live Chat who will provide expert advice to the QuickBooks User worldwide.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
- How To Resolve QuickBooks Registration File Error
- Fix QuickBooks Error 15222
- QuickBooks Error Code 15215 Issues Solved